the hand and the stability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iFly

:rolleyes:
Hi all.... would like to hear from you if any
tips or practical habits or even "tutorial" to avoid
hand movement when the shutter is pressed ..
:( :(

Use a tripod ?

grip firm and tuck your elbows towards your body. the more "open" your arms are, the shakier. rest against something if possible and like what keito says, use a tripod. :D

If you are using an SLR, get a rubber eyecup for the eye piece and press it against your eye/forehead to form a triangle with your left hand underneath the lens and the right hand on the grip/shutter release. Tug your elbows in towards your body as firefox mentioned. "Roll" your finger over the shutter release button instead of poking it down. Hope that helps. :)

Additionally, if using compact digital cameras, try using the optical viewfinder/EVF instead of the LCD. You can handhold it better that way. Take a deep breath before gently squeezing the shutter button.

Regards
CK

And another thing is, the weight of the gears help the stability too - the more heavy the more stable they are. So stop complaining about your camera/lenses being too heavy. ;)

haha you all so helpful.. many thanx
;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by iFly
:rolleyes:
Hi all.... would like to hear from you if any
tips or practical habits or even "tutorial" to avoid
hand movement when the shutter is pressed ..
:( :(

lean ur back against a soild wall or support.. cam on ur left shoulder, lens pointing to the left.. tilt head to look into viewfinder.. for additional stability put ur left hand on ur waist.. in other words ur shoulder is supporting the cam la... funny position but it works for me :D

lean against something..or find a support...thou cannot guarrantee that it will always be steady

Please note that the methods mentioned above are only compromise and cannot replace the use of a tripod(good quality ones) if situation allows. If you can get a remote shutter release, so much the better. If you can't use the self timer.

ya...now u mention, shld use the auto-timer when using the tripod...no shakes :)

Originally posted by currahee
ya...now u mention, shld use the auto-timer when using the tripod...no shakes :)

:D
I know.. sometimes it is difficult to carry tripod all around..
.. besides,
i do not have any tripod now... try to find a cheap one... the camera had cost me too much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by iFly

:D
I know.. sometimes it is difficult to carry tripod all around..
.. besides,
i do not have any tripod now... try to find a cheap one... the camera had cost me too much :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Try carrefour. The last time I went there, there was a sale on a tripod. $19.90 only if I am not wrong.

This method seems to work well if I dont have my tripod around.

Steps:

1) Use the LCD to compose the pic,
2) neck strap around your neck
3) both arms holding cam, stretch out until the neck strap is taut.
4) Lock the focus (half shutter)
5) Release all air from lungs
6) Snap.

I found this tip somewhere on the web but cant remember:

Add to the above, a string tied to a nut that screws into the tripod mount. The string should be long enough to reach your shoes with surplus.

1) Attach the nut
2) Step on the string
3) Hold cam with slight upwards force til taut
4) Same as above 4-6

Should be ok but of course tripods the best.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.