The golden drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

funniecrys

Nov 15, 2007
Hougang
funniecrys.livejournal.com
Will appreciate some C&C on the photo composition, in terms of the colour composition and angle of shot. Took this during one of the AG outing. ;)

2442809119_42724737e8.jpg

The following are the settings I used:
Focal Length: 31mm
Exposure Mode: Manual
Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern
8 sec - F/16
Exposure Comp.: -0.3 EV
Sensitivity: ISO 100
Optimize Image: More vivid
White Balance: Direct sunlight

Thanks!!!

i just find the 'handle' (or something like that) on the left distracting.

Overall I like the image, but I have a couple of minor quibbles. One is that the framing seems slightly off to me - I don't know how exactly. Maybe shifted a little more to the top and right? Does anyone else feel this way? If so, hope you're better at explaining it than I am :) Second, I thought the long exposure to give a silky smooth texture to the stream of water does not seem to go well with the nature of the scene - or perhaps you're counting on the contrast? In which case I feel it is not prominent enough.

I like the color and how the light shines down on the running water. I don't find the ladder distracting, though I would like to see a little more of it. The title could be more interesting - I kept getting reminded of NKF Durai's golden tap :bsmilie:

i'm wondering at the point that this shot was taken, was the ray of light landing on the running water visible. If it had it could be capture and this image might have been great. And just a question, does multi pattern metering equates to evulative metering? Cos i would do a center weighted or even spot for this. Just my thoughts.

i'm wondering at the point that this shot was taken, was the ray of light landing on the running water visible. If it had it could be capture and this image might have been great.

Hmm, good idea. Maybe with addition of dust / smoke? Any suggestions on how to do this apart from a cigarette?

i'm wondering at the point that this shot was taken, was the ray of light landing on the running water visible. If it had it could be capture and this image might have been great. And just a question, does multi pattern metering equates to evulative metering? Cos i would do a center weighted or even spot for this. Just my thoughts.

There's a square opening at the top, so the light comes in. But it's not like a spot of light... so i'm not so sure how to actually create the effect to make the light shining on the water more obvious.

Yups... i think multi-pattern metering means evaluative. will take note to use the center-weighted next time.

Thanks!

Overall I like the image, but I have a couple of minor quibbles. One is that the framing seems slightly off to me - I don't know how exactly. Maybe shifted a little more to the top and right? Does anyone else feel this way? If so, hope you're better at explaining it than I am :) Second, I thought the long exposure to give a silky smooth texture to the stream of water does not seem to go well with the nature of the scene - or perhaps you're counting on the contrast? In which case I feel it is not prominent enough.

I like the color and how the light shines down on the running water. I don't find the ladder distracting, though I would like to see a little more of it. The title could be more interesting - I kept getting reminded of NKF Durai's golden tap :bsmilie:

For framing, i was trying to work something along the lines of the rule of thirds. I was using my kit lens, so within that constrained space, it was difficult to find a nice spot.

Oops... :confused: i thought the golden tap was yester-year's news. Btw, just to sidetrack, i was up at the office before, but never had a chance to check out the tap. Hahs.

really liked the color here. just one thing. i think that the source of the water at the top right hand corner is a bit distracting. think it would be better if that part could be cropped or photoshoped away?

Status
Not open for further replies.