The Gold Label - Another Sunshine Empire?

zaren

Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
Anyone heard of this company "The Gold Label" - they claim to help you invest in physical gold bars, promising 18% returns p.a.

Or is it another Sunshine Empire in the making?

To me, if it sounds too gd to be true, it IS too gd to be true. :bsmilie:

18% per annum? If its too good to be true its prob too good to be true. Look at profitable groups, they once went from adverts everywhere and sponsoring everyone in the past to kena sai today

Ever heard of the old saying.... "If Its Too Good To Be True...." :think:

Ever heard of the old saying.... "If Its Too Good To Be True...." :think:

yes i have....which is also what i said in the last line of my OP.... :)

18% per annum? If its too good to be true its prob too good to be true. Look at profitable groups, they once went from adverts everywhere and sponsoring everyone in the past to kena sai today

nvr heard of profitable groups.... but i am sure there are many such companies running ard 2day.

If can get 18% returns, I'm sure they themselves and their friends and family will be investing. No need to ask strangers.

I've been thru their presentation. Basically u invest in min. 100g of gold bar which is about 6k+ and there's a guarantee that at the end of 6 months (if I'm not mistaken) u get back like 9% returns when u sell back the gold to them. They have a rationale plan as to how they derive this, but I can't remember the details. One clear thing I do recall clearly, is that you get to bring the physical gold bar back with you. A fren of mine has 2 x 100g gold bars. So in the event if the company does fail to honor its promises (so far so good), you can still sell it back to the goldsmith.

I've been thru their presentation. Basically u invest in min. 100g of gold bar which is about 6k+ and there's a guarantee that at the end of 6 months (if I'm not mistaken) u get back like 9% returns when u sell back the gold to them. They have a rationale plan as to how they derive this, but I can't remember the details. One clear thing I do recall clearly, is that you get to bring the physical gold bar back with you. A fren of mine has 2 x 100g gold bars. So in the event if the company does fail to honor its promises (so far so good), you can still sell it back to the goldsmith.
How much did he bought the gold bars? At spot + 7% gst + ?% ?

How much did he bought the gold bars? At spot + 7% gst + ?% ?

I'm did not get into the details, but money was indeed made. Like any prudent investor would advise, don't put all the eggs in one basket, spread your investments. This type of investment plan is meant for pple with cash to play -- another fren of hers who works as a doctor invested 4 kg of gold bars (of course need to put in safe deposit box) for like 250k cash. Good returns for short term investment; but again is only for those pple who has the $$$.

People just never learn, do they? Its a well trodden road...

Last edited:

so what happen to your fren? did he earn $$$ as promised?

basically, the higher the return the higher the risk... (lehman brother not consider lah... low return, end up super high risk )

as for scam or not, you got to decide yourself...

if everyone goes and buy, the return definitely will not be high...
those ppl that are shrewd enough to spot a real investment opportunity will get rich...

It's likely the fresh money from new user will be given to old member, and old member will top up again until the boss runaway or company bangkrupt. Remember rich ppl will throw the ladder when they reached the top so that nobody can use the ladder

Gold plated steel bars is it? :bsmilie:

Be an Ah Long and you are guaranteed a return of between 18% to 25% in compound interest rate per month on your "investments". ;p

Last edited:

I heard this scam was run in malaysia too..... people getting gold-plated lead bars instead of solid gold bars

There are MAS licensed physical gold traders (surprise surprise mostly around Peninsula area) that will gladly sell you different sized Credit Suisse bars at spot London prices plus a small profit mark-up

So far UOB Bullion is best in both bullion and paper gold certs.......... and Gold ETFs traded in SGX

Last edited:
I Basically u invest in min. 100g of gold bar which is about 6k+ and there's a guarantee that at the end of 6 months (if I'm not mistaken) u get back like 9% returns when u sell back the gold to them.

So lets say I buy at US$1200 an oz. last week and end of 6 months when the world is at peace and gold is back down to US$900 .... I can sell it at US$1200 + 9% ???

I cannot and will not feel sorry for any person who gets conned in the end

Your friend who made money.......... she is likely the lucky first few who are early in this Ponzi scheme who actually walks out all profitable ..... and thereby triggering the greed bones amongst the later sucker-masses

This type of Ponzi and pyramids..... if you are not in the original first couple of layers .... better stand aside .... the lower your level, the more people above you are getting fed

Last edited: