The FZ10 is still a great camera...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.Lee

for its constant f2.8 and long reach (12x optical zoom)...
Captured this lizard under low light (cloudy weather and shade from the tree). Aperture was wide opened..notice the purple fringes at the background? I dont care much, but it can be easily touched up by PS.

10534548-M.jpg

Yes i think it's a beautiful shot. Can't stop looking at it. Help!!! ;)

wow...good shot! Very sharp....

agree.

here are some photos taken by my FZ10 at f2.8, ISO 100-200.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=103262

L.Lee said:
Captured this lizard under low light (cloudy weather and shade from the tree). Aperture was wide opened..notice the purple fringes at the background? I dont care much, but it can be easily touched up by PS.

10534548-M.jpg

The lizard was pretty small, about 30cm from head to tail. I am rather amazed, even after cropping, the image is able to maintain most of the detail.
Beside the sensor, the glass play an imprtant part here too, IMHO.
BTW
Luc, I checked your website, nice work on those concert shots. That kind of environment is usually very challenging. Did you use flash for those concert shots?

I was sitting about 10 rows from the front, i just zoom to the max, set the ISO to 100/200, hold my breath and snap. The IS is really quite amazing. Most shots are taken at 1/40 and 1/30. No flash used.

L.Lee said:
The lizard was pretty small, about 30cm from head to tail. I am rather amazed, even after cropping, the image is able to maintain most of the detail.
Beside the sensor, the glass play an imprtant part here too, IMHO.
BTW
Luc, I checked your website, nice work on those concert shots. That kind of environment is usually very challenging. Did you use flash for those concert shots?

ermmm FZ10 is a eol model liao hor...
who know where can i get this cam arr? :)

ch3tah_39 said:

The FZ10 is only about a year old. I believe some stores are still selling. No harm asking around. :)
The black color one looks more 'kool' (like a pro SLR camera) but the silver one looks more pleasing to my eyes. I own the silver one ;)

luc said:
I was sitting about 10 rows from the front, i just zoom to the max, set the ISO to 100/200, hold my breath and snap. The IS is really quite amazing. Most shots are taken at 1/40 and 1/30. No flash used.

Hi luc, that's amazing.
I did this one at the indoor stadium, was sitting at the opposite end to the stage...using ISO50 and max zoom. But I forgot to change to higher ISO to gain some shutter speed. File size reduced, unprocessed. Not too bad.

11298226-M.jpg

L.Lee said:
The FZ10 is only about a year old. I believe some stores are still selling. No harm asking around. :)
The black color one looks more 'kool' (like a pro SLR camera) but the silver one looks more pleasing to my eyes. I own the silver one ;)

yep... black colour more coolz manz....
haha will go look arnd.. ;)

ch3tah_39 said:
Get the replacement FZ20 instead if you plan to get a new camera....5 Mps versus 4 Mps for the FZ10. Price was $895+5% GST when I last checked a month ago. Maybe less now.... I think the Leica lens is really phenomenal for a sub 1K camera!

Dan111 said:
Get the replacement FZ20 instead if you plan to get a new camera....5 Mps versus 4 Mps for the FZ10. Price was $895+5% GST when I last checked a month ago. Maybe less now.... I think the Leica lens is really phenomenal for a sub 1K camera!

oic... where u got the price one... ;)

L.Lee, great lizard pics. Think its gonna leap out at you. BTW I do not agree with you that FZ20 is still a great camera. Your title suggest FZ20 is passed its prime. It IS a great camera <period>. Cheers!

eh todae i went arnd asking....
AP,CP both dun hav liao....
got one shop quote me 850SGD for fz10.... :what: really not much diff with fz20 lor... :thumbsd:

L.Lee said:
QUOTE]
Wow ! Excellent shot ! :thumbsup:

so where still got fz10?
Is 850SGD a reasonable price? or there it would be cheaper one... :dunno: :think: :confused:

hi.. i can find one at 800 bucks.... if any one is still reading this, PM me ok... first hand... west area... i can bring you to the shop... im getting one this weekend... fz20.. its ard 930 bucks...

is there any point getting the FZ10 when the FZ20 is only priced a bit more? add in filters, larger memory cards, converter lens and other accessories and price is even nearer.

nad said:
is there any point getting the FZ10 when the FZ20 is only priced a bit more? add in filters, larger memory cards, converter lens and other accessories and price is even nearer.

seriously if it is 800sgd den really not worth getting fz10 liao lor... :)

L.Lee said:

The last time when I was in AP about 1 month ago, I saw them had many, many FZ20 boxes....and spotted 1 FZ10 box there, you may want to try your luck at AP if you are really a die hard FZ10K (the last character "K" is for the black color FZ10) fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.