The Fray Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kytus

Apr 15, 2004
San Deigo
The Fray Concert at San Diego State University's open air theater.
Comments and critique welcomed

concertimg5.jpg

I think you either take it further away to show more interaction or nearer for his face. The lights back there steal much of the picture's attention. Your settings seem a bit too clean for a performance.. Just my opinion.

Here is the rest of the series from the Fray Concert that I shot on the 11th. I was outdoors in an open air theater. I was useing a Canon 20D with a Canon 24-70mm lense at f/2.8 ISO 800.
This series also includes images from the Damnwells which opened for the Fray.

Basically I ran back and froth along the base of the stage shooting pictures of the band. It was a really fun photo shoot and I wish that I could just quit school and just do this full time.

concertimg7.jpg

concertimg4.jpg

concertimg3.jpg

concertimg2.jpg

concertimg6.jpg

damwellsimg1.jpg

damwellsimg2.jpg

damwellsimg3.jpg

Here are the last few. I shot many 100 something photos during concert. I was allowed to shoot along the stage for the first three songs of each band.

Just let me know what you think. I'm really looking to improve on this area since I love doing it so much. If anyone know of a website that has good examples of live concert photos let me know.

I think you either take it further away to show more interaction or nearer for his face. The lights back there steal much of the picture's attention. Your settings seem a bit too clean for a performance.. Just my opinion.

I see what you mean about getting closer I've had many people mention that too me, but keep in mind that this is a live performance. I want to include the back lights because they're a vivid element of the stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.