The first compact digital camera in the CONTAX brand, CONTAX Tvs DIGITAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Ho

Jan 17, 2002
jasonho.clubsnap.org
Kyocera Corporation (President: Yasuo Nishiguchi) will release the new CONTAX Tvs DIGITAL, the first compact digital camera in the CONTAX lineup, on February 20, 2003.
CONTAX Tvs Digital incorporates the Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* 7.3 - 21.9 mm F2.8 - 4.8*1, a 3X optical zoom lens, which is newly developed by Carl Zeiss for digital cameras. The lens features superior gradation performance unique to the Carl Zeiss T* lens. This performance is enhanced by a clear image produced by the T* coating on the lens and a five-megapixel CCD, in combination with a signal processing system which has been developed for this model.
This is a new premium-grade compact digital camera that meets the needs of sophisticated users who require high-quality images combined with a high level of usability that faithfully captures their intentions.
*1) Equivalent to approximately 35 - 105 mm on a conventional 35-mm format camera

Tvs_Digital.JPG
Tvs_Digital_Black.JPG

Recommended retail price 128,000 yen (silver) 138,000 yen (black) :confused:

HI Jason

Being a greenhorn, I am confused between Kyocera finecam S series and Yashica DC (by Kycera) and Kyocera Contaxt???:confused:

Care to enlighten me? :)

If this baby performs anything near its big brother the N1 digital then it is a good buy. Had a chance recently to shoot with the N1 digital - the files in hand show that there is very very little shadow noise and the gradtion of colour is wunderba. Sharpness ect are moot issues - most of the images are good enough without any additional sharpening or colour/tone adjustments. Sad was parting with it - was at a come try it session over at the Contax Club where Titthes the local agents generously brought out a unit and their PC so that we could see on a nice big 15inch LCD the output.

Alas if only my bank manager would be also so impressed. Maybe can get this instead.

Contax is their top of the line range. What separates it from their others ?

The use with Carl Zeiss lens, the T star coating which has excellent flare elminating properties. And other internal goodies to make it work better.

The S series is probably there 2nd tier range - prosumer range. Small size and metal body with higher than normal for that size frame MP size sensor. The DC range is probably their consumer range

Make friend with your bank manager, buy him dinner, bring him to karaoke... thereafter bring him to view and handon with the babe... ;)

Originally posted by insomia

Alas if only my bank manager would be also so impressed. Maybe can get this instead.

Correct me if I am wrong, they are all from the same father, but different mothers...

Originally posted by Kevin
HI Jason

Being a greenhorn, I am confused between Kyocera finecam S series and Yashica DC (by Kycera) and Kyocera Contaxt???:confused:

Care to enlighten me? :)

Just saw a reply over at DPRview saying this is actually Kyocera Finecam S5 re-packed in new titanium body and marked carl zeiss T* mark.. and that's it.

Kyocera S5 is sold at around US$500 in japan.. and they charge 2X for new body and lens marking.

Status
Not open for further replies.