The farmer and his buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetShooter

Jan 17, 2002
Katong
streetshooter.clubsnap.org
From a Thai Farming demonstration on a guided tour.
Surprisingly enjoyable and informative.

The photos don't do justice, you had to be there to appreciate the blue skies and green grass.

Closest I've come to Salon photography, and I know technically they suck. The contrast was just too great for my poor little G3 to handle, so the shadows lost much detail. Need film for that sort of dynamic range. And yeah I could have used fill-flash, but I did not want to startle the buffalo. Those horns look sharp.

buffalo01.jpg

buffalo02.jpg

buffalo03.jpg

buffalo05.jpg

buffalo06.jpg

All excellent shots except for the 3rd shot. The foreground thingy on the right side of the frame is distracting. Able to PS it away as I think it;s a nice shot with excellent colours.

My 2 cents worth....

Thank you.

a pity the backlight makes it hard to expose for his facial features :think:

Woo! i like the second picture a lot! :) Wha, all your pictures very contrasty.. almost like film siaa.. heh

execllent! superb! bravo! :thumbsup:

clive said:
a pity the backlight makes it hard to expose for his facial features :think:

Using fill-in flash could help to expose correctly.... otherwise it could be done in PS....

AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

but when i saw your 2nd photo i actually thought it was computer generated, cos it looks too damn perfect! :bigeyes:

you're good with your G3 :thumbsup: that or your PSing is great..

either way... great series.. great colours..

It is like that when we go to places of high lite contrast.
Plus, the skin of the pple there are darker due to farm work, so cant see the face.
Mine was like that when I went to burma last yr.
The blue skies were perfect, cloudless, satuated blue. Shiny golden yellow temples but the pple facial features just dun turn out due to strong sunlight that cast shadows on the already dark skin tone. :(

But hey, I really like the pic where he sit putting his legs up no the buffalo...so cute :p

Why not apply a curve in PS if cannot see faces? Lose contrast but still can see. Helps a bit.

For those using Nikon dSLRs, can always load an appropriate custom curve before hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.