the fallen one or ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noob117

Oct 16, 2006
west
x1piYkpqHC_35mkGcDVwlgDRGe7fXWLk8uw2V96QcqrYWrVZeKSvxtQnCYInO24-crsKnbWdCHjRP6lxZHsfTMNhieDlu57rcZ2gMp52YBuBxwVB_xiCI4Ibw

i took this picture to show the mood of the fallen ones during the WW2.
i want to show the sadness of the dead ones who were nvr found, MIA, KIA...
would like comments on the concept and the idea of showing the mood and if it works
slight colour enhancement

1/320
F10
18mm
iso400

it's a nice shot =) well thought of and executed. the idea is there, so u have to play around wif it. try working on the contrast, or maybe consider b&w.
maybe u could even change the angle slightly to include even more tombstones down the row to make it seem 'endless'

the foreground has excessive grass and the flower chosen is kinda pointless.

but love the background, got a lomo feel to it.

i love ur pic. i've done some editing i hope u dun mind :D

2ecg8er.jpg

i cropped it a little and added more colours

Hmmm... Inzaki's edited pic though looks more contrasty... lost the "sadness" appeal to the pic.. imo... i think noob117 could try to convert to b&w .. to go for both contrast and the mood that you wanted it.

it's a nice shot =) well thought of and executed. the idea is there, so u have to play around wif it. try working on the contrast, or maybe consider b&w.
maybe u could even change the angle slightly to include even more tombstones down the row to make it seem 'endless'

wow that sounds good.. i love the part bout making it endless.
mabi move the flower easlier hahahaha:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i love ur pic. i've done some editing i hope u dun mind :D

2ecg8er.jpg

i cropped it a little and added more colours

the crop looks great.
but i thing the contrast you over did it abit.
juz like jee said i think BW works better:)

i feel that the flower chosen should have been white in colour
yellow is too bright and happy.

also you might want to consider moving the flower closer to the tombstones
and go super WA with this shot
maybe a from the top-down angled POV whould be better
(the flower seems too far away from the tombstones to have much connection)

sadness? maybe some gloomy storm clouds and water droplet would also enhance your idea.

i totally agree with you guys...try to convert to bnw but watch out for lost of details as ur original picture is a bit too dull. ;)

cheers!

470073782_bca05be835.jpg

I like the composition. Hope you don't mind I play a little bit with the colors in PS to have that gloomy feeling. Hope it works.

470073782_bca05be835.jpg

I like the composition. Hope you don't mind I play a little bit with the colors in PS to have that gloomy feeling. Hope it works.

nah i dun mind...
but i think full BW works best.

juz like ortega said the yellow is bright n happy
so i guess it does not work tt well.:)
but i would like to know how to make the BG sepia(?) but the flower remains in colour?:dunno:

The problem if you convert this to B&W is that the flower will turn Gray. And it does not appeal anymore. So I keep the color of the flower and add a sepia tone as a background.

I did it by using layers in photoshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.