The Face 2005, Pics on CS? Discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vince123123

This is a follow up to a post from our fellow Clubsnapper conveying a message ostensibly from the events manager:

jodie_tan said:
Just to let you know, the events manager called to request for shooters shooting the Face contest to hand in a copy of your shots to him. FYI, his main concern is that these shots does not gets publicised and so asks all photographers who shot this contest to remove all the pictures/close thread asap. Sorry for the inconvienence, but the company wishes for the above mentioned actions to be carried out.

For those whom wishes to know more about our company's policy, pls pm me for full details.

A thousand apologies,
TJ

Decided to make a dedicated thread for this rather than talk in the really full Sentosa thread. If anyone's not happy, just delete this thread - just thought its easier to have a more focussed discussion here.

Right out I'd think the events' manager may have been misinformed or ill-advised on what his rights are.

Nope they know full well what their rights are.

They just want to exploit the photographers by 'scaring' them into submitting their images.

honestly i dun think there's a need for this thread... ;)

our cser was just being nice to help e event manager convey a message, message conveyed and since i believe the manager himself would not login to cs to actually read it... i dun see the need for this thread, cos this thread might generate some unpleasant comments from both ways.

cheers~

p.s. most of us know that they can't really "make" us do it anyway... :D

~Arcanic~ said:

our cser was just being nice to help e event manager convey a message, message conveyed and since i believe the manager himself would not login to cs to actually read it... i dun see the need for this thread, cos this thread might generate some unpleasant comments from both ways.

cheers~

The target is the event organiser, not JT. :)

Hmm perhaps jodie_tan can refer the "events manager" to this thread lor.

The reason why I put this thread up was to have a more focussed discussion, rather than scattered discussions on Portraits threads, Sentosa threads, Events threads etc.

~Arcanic~ said:

cheers~

~Arcanic~ said:

cheers~

maybe just let the manager knows that he cannot control this situation...

they have to "Buy! Buy! Buy!" the photos from us and not extort.

Dun think is good to start a new thread here ... enough is said and we should not go further else ......

espn said:
The target is the event organiser, not JT. :)

yeah... hopefully he can read this and know that exploiting photogs is a big :nono:

:D

perhaps so, well anyway so many people (including you and me) are already discussing it all over the shop on other threads, so its a good idea to have an easy place to read the discussions :)

KNIGHT ONG said:
Dun think is good to start a new thread here ... enough is said and we should not go further else ......

Do they have a right in the first place? Such a public event in an open area, how to control people from shooting at the contestants. Also the previous contests also did not have such a provision, everyone also happily fill their memory cards to the max. No whining from the organizers after that.

Worse still is that they didnt come forth themselves to "request" for the pics, had to pass the message down. Until they come out with some moolah and loads of sincerity, I dont think they are going to get a lot of pics.

jnet6 said:
maybe just let the manager knows that he cannot control this situation...
What control? Was there even anything out of control? They just want to exploit the situation for their own good :)

So that means I can SAFELY just reject their request ??

Is it just me, or did anyone else get the PM too ??

The PM that I got :

"Sorry to cause disturbance in your thread, but the events manager would like to have a copy of your shots of the event. He requests that you burn it into a CD for him, with each image at A4 size. Though I'm in no position to order you to remove pics from your thread, I only recieved notification from the company that since a couple of their male models are under contract,they hereby have the rights to protect these models reputation and pictures.
Do let me know once you've burnt a copy of the shots.Thanks

Apologies,
"

well a good thing to consider is that the rest of those who posted their shots are still leaving their photos up.

ken111111 said:

I'm wondering what's the co-relation to the models being under contract and the right to demand removal of shots posted online and/or a right to have a copy of the photos on CD.

ken111111 said:

The PM that I got :

"Sorry to cause disturbance in your thread, but the events manager would like to have a copy of your shots of the event. He requests that you burn it into a CD for him, with each image at A4 size. Though I'm in no position to order you to remove pics from your thread, I only recieved notification from the company that since a couple of their male models are under contract,they hereby have the rights to protect these models reputation and pictures.

Apologies,
"

ken111111 said:

The PM that I got :

Apologies,
"

if they wana prevent ppl from shooting them, mayb they should wear masks...

to prevent further exploit of photos in forums like sggirls, tkp threads and gay sites. This thread will be refered to the managers themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.