Not open for further replies.

quackaroo

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.illumn.com
expanseofthefour.jpg

Shot with Canon Powershot G2
Edited in Photoshop 6. Tweaked/Cropped

It's a pity about the JPG compression artifacts... it's a nice shot! Would love to see the original, I have this feeling you might've tweaked the contrast, I find it just a tad too contrasty? Possibly also to have this in B&W too.

Originally posted by Jed
It's a pity about the JPG compression artifacts... it's a nice shot! Would love to see the original, I have this feeling you might've tweaked the contrast, I find it just a tad too contrasty? Possibly also to have this in B&W too.

I have a much higher resolution one, and untweaked of cos. maybe i over did it abit. but the effect i wanted to achieve was one of very high contrast and surreal kind of feeling. It was heavy editing. the original pic didnt have the effect i wanted. ill post it later. cos if i did. well. the effect that i wanted to achieve with this picture will be taken away because of the comparision with the original.

Bloody good piece of work, IMHO!

1) Magic number achieved : 3, 4, 7. You got the 4.
2) It tells a story -- if any of them face away from the circle, that's it
3) Position of the circle of 4 is nearly perfect.

the photo can be made better with some simple PS trick. But commendation for a good eye. Good timing as well

thats why i tweaked it to the above.
when i took the picture. i had in mind how i was going to edit it. i wanted the contrast of white space. ngee ang city autrium didnt had one. so i tweaked :)

Originally posted by rostov
Bloody good piece of work, IMHO!

1) Magic number achieved : 3, 4, 7. You got the 4.
2) It tells a story -- if any of them face away from the circle, that's it
3) Position of the circle of 4 is nearly perfect.

thank you! i think ur really darn funny :)

Originally posted by quackaroo

thank you! i think ur really darn funny :)

?!?! Er.... Thanks, but honestly *blur* I still don't know where my humor lies...

Maybe it's the 3,4,7 ruleset. Ok, personally I learnt this from "Photo Composition" by Ulf Sjostedt, published by R. Morgan Publishing 1989 (ISBN 0-902979-09-4).

Under the chapter "Sacred Numbers" page 117 :

It is strange how sacred numbers can affect a composition. Their force field is obvious enough. They are magical. I don't think anyone knows how they came to be regarded as sacred, but they do exist, and they are very old.

The most magical numbers are 3, 4 and 7. Used properly they can raise the picture content from the trivial to the superlative. The numbers alone are not sufficient, but they can be of great help in composing a picture.

He goes on the illustrate with pictures comparing those with 1,2,3,4,7 subjects, in combination with an example similar to your picture -- a pic of 3 kids (one look away) and a pic with 3 kids with a general direction (stronger composition).

So personally, where I've failed in my practice in the inclusion of this practical, I find success in your shot, and find it very nice!

Originally posted by nicholas1986
nanyang girls rite
never take their face
the chio a not

aiyoh!!!! u sickening! ppl see photo, u go see girls!!!:eek:

Originally posted by masada

aiyoh!!!! u sickening! ppl see photo, u go see girls!!!:eek:

the girls are part of the picture what (subject) they very eye catching loh... then i got no choice but to observe them

u guys do amuse me.

frankly. i composed the picture to show space and contrast.

faces aside. i noticed the shoes alot ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.