The entire Shears Bridge lined up with people,

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very suaku qn... how to climb up the bridge? I have no idea where is the staircase....

Jemapela said:
I won't be uptight, egoistic or a smart-alec to say that you're surely wrong. Yes, who knows what a flimsy tripod could cause.

Strange though, I would say that wiggly lines were the result of your shivering hands placed on the tripod-mounted camera? Or was your tripod shivering? :confused:

How cold is it in Singapore at night to cause all the the shivering? :sweatsm:

Sion said:
How cold is it in Singapore at night to cause all the the shivering? :sweatsm:

Hahaha... my statement was intended to be a bit cynical.

We all know that Singapore usually isn't cold enough to cause shivering.

Hence, assuming that hands are not shivering, tripods can't shiver on their own, and fireworks fly without wobbling/spiralling, what else could cause the wiggly lines in the image other than a obviously shaking bridge? (Come on guys! You couldn't feel the bridge shake?)

Ohh... I know... the combined vibration of all the cameras' flipping mirrors travelling down the tripods on to the bridge floor! Ohh... maybe the combined excited heart beats from everyone standing on the bridge travelling down their legs on to the bridge floor! ;p

I'm glad to see at least 1 fellow ClubSnap member who shared the same opinion about the shaky bridge. You have learnt an important experience and acted wisely (by moving to more stable ground). Good on you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Experienced the same vibrations problem while taking shots of the night scene at the bridge at the end of boat quay. Was standing at the center of the bridge and as the buses go by, you can feel the brigde trembling. So I decided to move to the end of the bridge where the trembling will be less pronounced.

On Sheares Bridge, it's not that bad, probably due to the size of the bridge structure. The vibrations have little impact unless you're doing really long exposures, i guess. Another possibility is that I was standing above one of pillars that supported the bridge, where the weight of the vehicles passing have minimum effect. My pics turn out to be pretty sharp.

live33 said:
Experienced the same vibrations problem while taking shots of the night scene at the bridge at the end of boat quay. Was standing at the center of the bridge and as the buses go by, you can feel the brigde trembling. So I decided to move to the end of the bridge where the trembling will be less pronounced.

On Sheares Bridge, it's not that bad, probably due to the size of the bridge structure. The vibrations have little impact unless you're doing really long exposures, i guess. Another possibility is that I was standing above one of pillars that supported the bridge, where the weight of the vehicles passing have minimum effect. My pics turn out to be pretty sharp.

I suppose tt the reason some many CS photographers are there to help up.. with the weight it can help stablise bridge .. so everyone can get a good shot ... ha ha

certain part of the bridge is not shaky at all .... u just have to know how the bridge is constructed and which part of the bridge is able to weight transfer heavy load . Fortunately my group of photographer friends didnt complain about the shaky bridge and even from my long bulb expose pic (49.56sec) i find it alright

zaxh81 said:
the wirggle lines are probably due to filmsy tripod.

i tried shooting firework last year using D70,silk U6600 tripod and no remote,guess what,firework all wiggle lines.:bsmilie:
i do use filmsy tripod...Silk sprint pro GM...No problem at all...I even forget to bring cale release due to last min change my mind to go there on last sat...no mirror lockup...no noise reduction...no black card technic...??

live33 said:
Just for the fun of it :
dscf12494wt1.jpg

Oh, and be careful with your tripod... :sweat:
i position 2 tripod away from them old medium format...

live33 said:

wow la...you have disclose the best spot of that bridge...must reach there damn early to chop that hot spot liao...

koolz said:
how to get to the bridge if got no car? Any bus stops around there?
just walkup from far left which s quite near to suntec...

or walk from marina bay MRT station for 15 mins through the park. :)

Jemapela said:
Hahaha... my statement was intended to be a bit cynical.

We all know that Singapore usually isn't cold enough to cause shivering.

Hence, assuming that hands are not shivering, tripods can't shiver on their own, and fireworks fly without wobbling/spiralling, what else could cause the wiggly lines in the image other than a obviously shaking bridge? (Come on guys! You couldn't feel the bridge shake?)

Ohh... I know... the combined vibration of all the cameras' flipping mirrors travelling down the tripods on to the bridge floor! Ohh... maybe the combined excited heart beats from everyone standing on the bridge travelling down their legs on to the bridge floor! ;p

I'm glad to see at least 1 fellow ClubSnap member who shared the same opinion about the shaky bridge. You have learnt an important experience and acted wisely (by moving to more stable ground). Good on you :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Pls advise more people to get away from the bridge...so that i do not need to be there early to get good location.

John Tan said:
Pls advise more people to get away from the bridge...so that i do not need to be there early to get good location.

Haha... no... I won't make it my duty to advise people to get away from the bridge.

You could post a bogus topic in local forums saying that URA/LTA/SPF/SAF/MINDEF will cordon off the bridge "for safety reasons" on 9th August. :bsmilie:

Jemapela said:
Ohh... maybe the combined excited heart beats from everyone standing on the bridge travelling down their legs on to the bridge floor! ;p

I didn't notice any part of the bridge floor was wet after the fireworks if there is any excitement travelling down their legs to the bridge floor but only a lot of tripod holes.:)

John Tan said:
i position 2 tripod away from them old medium format...
Ahh... Joo ze specky guy with another friend, rite? To your left is ze fella vith ze cap? Meh ze vone with D70s and ze huge tripod. Ha..haha...

so can i say safely that the fireworks will be the same place tonite 6 august?

cannt really find this infor anyhware leh...people just say its at marina bay...

in other words, there will be the same large group of people on the sheares bridge lah?

MatthewSCL said:
so can i say safely that the fireworks will be the same place tonite 6 august?

cannt really find this infor anyhware leh...people just say its at marina bay...

in other words, there will be the same large group of people on the sheares bridge lah?

Info here:

http://www.ndp.org.sg/index.jsp?page=/carnival@marina/carnival_marina.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.