The Enchanting Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s0ulofsin

Taken while trekking in the Blue Mountains in Sydney Australia. All comments appreciated! :D

enchantingforest.jpg

*Hops ard...lookin' for peepZ...

Does this suck or wat?!?

Looks like the peepZ here prefer sunset piccies...heh...

Hi there,

Its a pretty average *snapshot* if you are dig-digging for comments ;p

Number of things that can be improved:-
1. Overall sharpness - doesn't seem to be 100% in focus at any point in the pic.
2. Dynamic range (the diff. between the brightest and darkest spot) is too big.
3. The big bright sky overpowers the boulders/stream and in this kind of pic, it is the boulders/stream that you want to highlight.

How to improve:-
1. Sharpness - put your cam on a tripod and use a smaller aperture to give you decent Depth of Field.
2. To reduce the dynamic range, use a graduated Neutral Density (ND) Filter to darken the sky bits.
3. Show more of the boulder/stream, thereby cutting down on the big/bright sky (couple with a ND filter) to have a point of interest.

The enclosed URL shows what can be achieved with sky, stream and trees - Example - altho its part of a larger story about how a Canon EOS1v was dropped into the stream.

I've just got back from sydney as well. Got some shots too, under landscape forum as well. Do check it out and give me some comments.

Don't think I'm too qualified to comment much (I'm new to photography), but think your shoots are a bit too dark and the sky is over expose. But think the composure is ok.:)

One look at it it sure doesn't look sharp enuf. I'm just using an idiot proof cammie anyway... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.