the effectiveness of CCD in the 2nd-hand DCamera

Status
Not open for further replies.

longbow

Dec 3, 2003
west
Visit site
i am hunting a 2nd-hand Fuji S602Z. Since it has been 2+ years since it was first introduced. So the ownership could be 1-2 years, and owner may shoot for 1k frames already.
In such case, are the CCD as effective as they suppose to be? If the CCDs are less sensitive, how does 1-year of using effect the CCDs?

Thank you.

I have used my S602z for 1.5 years, taken 10,000 shots. There seems to be no difference from day 1, shot 1.

Got my 2nd hand S602z, about 1.5 yrs old now, altho' external body is less than perfect, the pictures are still good and satisfactory, if you like the colour saturation. The specs. are great (still not many prosumer models can beat it at its price), so go for it!

I have compared photos taken by the S602z and the Canon G2, G3 and G5. Apart from the lack of warmth, the ISO400 from the Canon is practically useless. That the G-series is $1200 to $1400 new, compared to the S602z at $1000 to $1200.

You can go to www.dpreview.com to compare the ISO400 noise of the cams under controlled conditions, as done by Phil Askey.

Old cam, but good.

I am looking for a second-hand camera, how do I know what is the number of shots taken by the previous owner? Is there a way to check it? :angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.