The Door To ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildstallion

Took this yesterday while I was trying out my new purchase. Would like to see what you all think about it.

Cheers

68166812.jpg

A lens with very shallow DOF?

But other than that nothing special bout the pic, no offense. Could have worked on the composition.

A lens with very shallow DOF?

But other than that nothing special bout the pic, no offense. Could have worked on the composition.

None taken, was walking around trying it out. I just liked the angle of the door, and the contrast between the shiny handle and the grainy wood door.

:)

like the clarity of the grain of the wood.

Looks like quite an old door. The lacquer of the wood has faded. The door handle looks 'mouldy'

would have preferred a pic showing the wooden door alone especially juz the louvres of the door. :)

shallow DOF, nothing special to comment too.

I think a closer shot would have been better. Yes, nothing special, but the texture would be interesting. The height of the cam should be slightly lower.

It wasnt too shallow, f/2.8

I just really liked it, looks simple and just eyepleasing in my opinion. Although I could easily see why it would be nothing special.

I think f/2.8 is indeed quite shallow :)

it is pretty unintersting.

in photography there's a few basica principles
1. composition
2. lighting
3. tones and colours
4. etc (i can't remember)

and none of what you took fulfill the general rules of photography. yes, you need to break rules at times, but i don't see the point of you breaking any of them cause it makes the photo 1 dimensional.

None taken, was walking around trying it out. I just liked the angle of the door, and the contrast between the shiny handle and the grainy wood door.

:)

if you want to show the contrast between the rather tarnished metal handle and the timber door, you ought to think about what the key is doing there for? what's with the greyish space on the left side? the angle pushes portion of the objects out of focus because of the wide aperture, how does that contribute to what you want to show?

end of the day, what's so special about this handle and its environment that deserves your attention (and after that everyone else's attention?) and how to show that? as i see it, right now it's just a rather uninteresting picture of the door handle on timber door with an out of focus key stuck in the keyhole.

if you want to show the contrast between the rather tarnished metal handle and the timber door, you ought to think about what the key is doing there for? what's with the greyish space on the left side? the angle pushes portion of the objects out of focus because of the wide aperture, how does that contribute to what you want to show?

end of the day, what's so special about this handle and its environment that deserves your attention (and after that everyone else's attention?) and how to show that? as i see it, right now it's just a rather uninteresting picture of the door handle on timber door with an out of focus key stuck in the keyhole.

Fair point.

I liked the way the negative bland space on the left contrasted with the very grainy and polished right.

Id have taken the key out but it was not my door.

Also, does something have to be special to be shared? I liked it, others dont.

Fair point.

I liked the way the negative bland space on the left contrasted with the very grainy and polished right.

Id have taken the key out but it was not my door.

Also, does something have to be special to be shared? I liked it, others dont.

read carefully.

what's so special about this handle and its environment that deserves your attention (and after that everyone else's attention?) and how to show that?

i didn't say others have to like it, but since you put it in the critique corner, i'm reading that you are asking for opinions. if the image cannot generate enough thoughts in its viewers, what kind of opinions do you think you'll be getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.