the dilapidated Mitre Hotel at 145 Kiliney Rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesecake

went to the mitre hotel today as it is sunny!!

understand that it'll be torn down soon, so i thought it would b a good opportunity to take some fotos of the hotel.

yup, it is really dilapidated and yes, there're a no. of ppl sitting around, i assume they are frens or associate as they are chatting with a lady whom i believe is the caretaker as she stopped me on my tracks when i reached the front porch.

so, i asked for permission to enter the hotel to do some leisure shooting.

straight away without missing a beat, she said OKAY.
and, the best part of the day, *drums roll pls*

it will be S$10/. per entry.

so i said, thank you and turned to leave.

as i was leaving, my 2 friends came up and the moment she saw the 3 of us, she came up with a counter offer, S$10., for the 3 of us.

so guys, maybe becos of my size, i look pretty well off and mux b feasting on abalone and steaks for every meal.

anyway, those who are preparing to visit the Mitre Hotel, maybe u guys can bargain down the price or somehow, one way or the other, get a free entrance.

cheers!

damn pissed off for collecting $$. :thumbsd:

i didn't have to pay to go in last weekend. spent around 1-2hrs there.

i bet it mux be the sudden influx of photographers goin in or it mux be simply becos i look like a can of abalone that can be squeezed dry like a sugarcane and chop like a carrot. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

i bet it mux be the sudden influx of photographers goin in or it mux be simply becos i look like a can of abalone that can be squeezed dry like a sugarcane and chop like a carrot. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

ya maybe for you. hehe

anyone ever wondered if she is even the caretaker? From my understanding the owner is a elderly gentleman..... Maybe she just sat herself there and collects money from anyone who comes take photos?

anyone ever wondered if she is even the caretaker? From my understanding the owner is a elderly gentleman..... Maybe she just sat herself there and collects money from anyone who comes take photos?

entrepreneurship. *applause*

if she is really the caretaker and has been authorised, then, by all means, charge admission fee or watever.

jus highlighting this to the CS community in case they din't bring spare cash with them.

Why becoz of this place going to be torn down & TNP mentioned abt it... then ppl starts going there to take photos... i find it bo liao...

Why becoz of this place going to be torn down & TNP mentioned abt it... then ppl starts going there to take photos... i find it bo liao...

to each his own.

some ppl love to go to event and shoot.
some ppl love to go to i.t fair and shoot.

who is to say they are wrong in pursuing their interest as long as it isn't twisted?

i would say option no. 2. anyway the caretaker is an old man. nvr saw any woman that day. a young man stays at the back of the hotel. make friends with him. it will be helpful.

..so, i asked for permission to enter the hotel to do some leisure shooting.

straight away without missing a beat, she said OKAY.
and, the best part of the day, *drums roll pls*

it will be S$10/. per entry....

Who asked you to carry two 1DS Mk III?

Lucky she didn't ask for S$100. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

wah... like going to museum like that...

u bring in ur morder to shoot la.

maybe S$10/. for u n ur morder too. :thumbsup:
I into landscape and still life liao... :bsmilie:

Anyway.... Want to go also go a better hotel lah... ;P *eyebrows raised...

$10 for dog food and day meal. ah yo give lah :bsmilie: if 10 ppl come everyday heh

ya. i mux haf looked really delicious to the guard dog as it kept on barking at me. i bet it has not been given enuff food or i look too much like a walking bah-zhang. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.