The D40 commercial - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongyi1983

Feb 5, 2005
Hi,
What do you guys think about the D40 advertisement on TV? I'm doing an analysis of its impacts on consumer and i think it's effective because it raises awareness of the prosumer DSLR and can affect future purchase decisions. Thanks for the responses! :D
IMHO, much better than the Canon 400D advert.

I think Nikon is targetting the younger consumer -not only guys but also females because of the use of the female voice(she owns the d40, guy owns d40x)
Through a simple commercial, no tacky music or riot of colours, it brings out the features of the D40 - small, light, fast, bright screen, simple.
This way, DSLRs are transformed from the big black monster to something more down to earth.

It also sets the camera and Nikon apart from the "me-too" silver consumer PnSes- perhaps a move into the semi-pro market apart from the Coolpix 5000s.

But... do you think consumers will be attracted to it; to further research on it and ask for it in the shops? Will middle-age family shooters (a potential target segment) be attracted?
Will the commercial help you, as a pro photographer, recommend it to friends who are planning to go abit more serious into photography?
Does it help reinforce the post-purchase contentment for Nikon owners? ie the Nikon brand gets stronger

online survey?

School work?

Status
Not open for further replies.