The Curse of the Golden flower(Movie Spoiler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

erizai

Sep 16, 2005
Southen Sea
Just watched the show. and found :thumbsd:

Sigh..How u guys find the show? :dunno:

Agree with you, story meaningless. :thumbsd:

the movie, is designed in such a way, that it is not for watching the story one.... its for "viewing" pleasure..

I dont find it pleasure lei?:dunno:

Other than using a lot of bokeh and dump a lot of money? what is he trying to achieve?:dunno:

the movie, is designed in such a way, that it is not for watching the story one.... its for "viewing" pleasure..

ok...i will be more "direct", dun u find the people in the movie very well endowed? ya.. thats wat u pay for to see in this movie.

To be frank, this kind of shows, especially by the zhang director, are very boring... For us in our kind of society, i dunno how to enjoy the show in the artistic sense at all.

I think, unless we are living in the period of the romance of the 3 kingdoms, maybe i will know how to appreciate the show.

Look like it is telling us the population they have in China.
The soldier in the movie can occupy the whole orchard road.

I dont find it pleasure lei?:dunno:

Other than using a lot of bokeh and dump a lot of money? what is he trying to achieve?:dunno:
i heard from the paper that there were a lot of high mountains and deep valleys scenery shots..... should be worth the money wat ..... :think:

Should have put this "movie" in the fashion show segment instead...not much story line and climax...very disappointed...not putting to good use the talent of Chow Yuen Fatt...:sticktong

Hm.....what f stop and what lens he uses? :lovegrin:

I dunno what f stop he used.:dunno: just know that peoples F no stop at the movie:p

i heard from the paper that there were a lot of high mountains and deep valleys scenery shots..... should be worth the money wat ..... :think:

After yuo watch you'll be :eek:

Ya..Agreed.

The show keep on showing Gong Li and all other Women Assets. More like Fashion Show:bsmilie:

ok...i will be more "direct", dun u find the people in the movie very well endowed? ya.. thats wat u pay for to see in this movie.

To be frank, this kind of shows, especially by the zhang director, are very boring... For us in our kind of society, i dunno how to enjoy the show in the artistic sense at all.

I think, unless we are living in the period of the romance of the 3 kingdoms, maybe i will know how to appreciate the show.

Sheesh,

Gong lai Gong kee, ko si Gong na liang Li.....:(

ZYM is a talented movie making man.
If you judge from his past movies. (not Hero!) Like Raise the Red Lantern.

CYF is a good actor and GL is a good actress.

The movie is probably way below the standard and abilities of all 3.

But they all act dumb in this movie. Why?
Because the Money Man calls the shots.
The Producer / Director / actors / actresses will all give the one who has the Money what he wants.

If the the Money Man wants a movie to be made in a lousy way and pays ZYM, CYF and GL $$$Millions, why should they argue with it?

I like ZYM's "She Mian Mai Fu" but not this one.

Agreed on the FC had the power of influence.

Somehow wasted the cast. :rolleyes:

ZYM is a talented movie making man.
If you judge from his past movies. (not Hero!) Like Raise the Red Lantern.

CYF is a good actor and GL is a good actress.

The movie is probably way below the standard and abilities of all 3.

But they all act dumb in this movie. Why?
Because the Money Man calls the shots.
The Producer / Director / actors / actresses will all give the one who has the Money what he wants.

If the the Money Man wants a movie to be made in a lousy way and pays ZYM, CYF and GL $$$Millions, why should they argue with it?

Just watched the show. and found :thumbsd:

Sigh..How u guys find the show? :dunno:

Zhang Yimou's style of movies are mainly on costumes,stage, ambience and facial expressions.. it is very less of talking and action... and that is why it is so quiet thru out the movie.

I enjoy watching his movies mainly for the scenery and cinematography though, not so much for acting or deep storyline.:)

i havent watched it but i think i'll watch. not for the storyline or wat but for the artistic values (if any)... even my film teacher is a fan of his.. so i guess i'll just watch it for the sake of seeking his filmmaking techniques n style, etc...

He is pandering to the audience who will pay good money to watch it, the critics who will like it, the voters who will vote for it. Mostly European/Americans pundits who will succumb to the "beauty", something their own movies did not do(sell) very well. But this genre when done by Yimou and his team seems to be right on the MONEY.

Yimou is just doing what he likes, or what he thinks his style is, and the money couldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.