the crest

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-diddy

Nov 27, 2006
Hi i'm a newbie just want some feedback on my pic, i taken it with my olympus E-500 and just trying to have fun with it.

The_crest.jpg

my main focus is the the crest and detail of the stone texture, but seing just that would be very plain so i ad a foreground object to add a little bit of depth in the picture.

my main focus is the the crest and detail of the stone texture, but seing just that would be very plain so i ad a foreground object to add a little bit of depth in the picture.

ya know, your subject is really plain, there isn't like a story behind that crest... its just another plain crest... nothing that i'd say, WOW... unless maybe a Transformer fan would be happy to see a Decepticon or Autobot crest...

so, that said, u still have few technical issues on hand, like the big patch of foreground blurness that seriously distract my view... and there is like incoherent space around... that just serves no purpose...

my view, if u wanna take a crest like this, might as well do macro, head on. just the crest alone... like those in history textbook. Or if u wanted abstract, u could move your angle, its hard to say by words, and i can't influence your perception of composition... but it's better to isolate the rest of the 'distractions' and focus just the crest, by doing so, u could add contrast, shadows on the crest.

yup.. what u said is quite true.. i wanted to take closer shoot but i dont have a macro lens so i tried doing a composition shoot so it wont look so flat, well i guess i failed this time. but i'll be back dont worry i wont hang my self hehehehehe....

Status
Not open for further replies.