The Creative Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwayne

Nov 6, 2007
Some street photography here.

Hi everyone, would like some C&C on the composition of this photo. It was the reflection of the photographer together with the word "creative" which got my attention. In that split second, I could not decide whether I should have left out the sculpture or not. Does it add to the photo, in the theme of "creativity" or does it distract from the main subject - the photographer? Should I have crop it out of the frame? Thanks.

2617350313_8d9dcfefe6_b.jpg

the composition here is fine. if you wished to just showcase the photographer and his reflection, then you should go in closer and exclude the sculpture. that aside though, i think the picture is alright.. save for the blown highlights around his foot area and shirt. the floor being blown is fine, but that is not. maybe dial it down half a stop or so and you should be fine.

i think a closer framing with just the photographer and the words with some space to the left would work better. think i would leave out the reflection too. the image is very heavy on the right with the sculpture.

nice catch btw :)

i think a closer framing with just the photographer and the words with some space to the left would work better. think i would leave out the reflection too. the image is very heavy on the right with the sculpture.

nice catch btw :)

Thanks :) I tried cropping out the reflection, but the frame becomes a square which feels funny to me.
Btw, looked through your flickr, love the processing of your images!

Status
Not open for further replies.