The contrast of L lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

clickerz

Many have said that L lens have the exceptional vibrant contrast on the colour of the pictures. Camera bodies (I use canon) do have the capability in changing the picture style eg. potrait, landscape, faithful etc. Does anybody know how to manage the setting (sharpness, contrast and colour tone) to make pictures taken from an EF/EF-S lens as colour contrasting as an L lens? Has anybody tried it out yet?

Many have said that L lens have the exceptional vibrant contrast on the colour of the pictures. Camera bodies (I use canon) do have the capability in changing the picture style eg. potrait, landscape, faithful etc. Does anybody know how to manage the setting (sharpness, contrast and colour tone) to make pictures taken from an EF/EF-S lens as colour contrasting as an L lens? Has anybody tried it out yet?

Try Leica lenses. ;p It should be possible to change some of the in-camera settings to get you what you want... just that I don't use Canon. However, one problem is if you change to an L lens, then the settings would be too contrasty and you'll need to change it back.

Try fooling around with individual color channel curves.

But you need a sample reference to judge against.

Try Leica lenses. ;p It should be possible to change some of the in-camera settings to get you what you want... just that I don't use Canon. However, one problem is if you change to an L lens, then the settings would be too contrasty and you'll need to change it back.

You like contrast and colors? Try Leica or Zeiss. :)

But I also agree with lsisaxon, if you increase saturation and contrast by +1 (if this is how it's set on canons) then you should get similar contrast and color, but you'll still not match the sharpness and bokeh that a premium lens (Canon L, Sony/Minolta G or Zeiss, or Leica) will give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.