The "Contrast" issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

suigion

Dec 2, 2008
I suggest you read your manual.

Dude... About the 2 issues...

1. Contrast
You should be able to adjust the contrast in the Picture Control segment of your Nikon D60 menu.

2. Sharpness
You shot the image at 1/20s. Was it handheld or badly supported? Because I think there may be hand-shake blur. I believe that took a toll on the overall sharpness of the image.

if you are familliar with photoshop... then shoot in RAW if you can and create the S curve in the tone curve. (pull the lights up and the shadows down)
works for me every time.

as for sharpness.. it has much more to do with how u took the photo.

657776aa.jpg

my intrepetation of the colors. Colors can be fixed mostly but there is no solution for out of focus photos. try F/11 or F/16 for a "group" shot. F3.5 is more for a portrait shot imo.

If you are trying to use lines as a guide, would be best if the line lead to the kid.

Shoot more, Learn more.

Last edited:
you using p mode ?
in p mode at 18mm wide the cam will auto default aperture settings to f3.5

maybe you could set exposure to +0.3 to +0.7 so that you will have a brighter background.
for cooler effects, set your WB to +1 or +2.
last of all, i hope your lens is the 18-55mm vr kit.

Last edited:
it's somewhere in your camera. I'll give a big hint: it's in the "shooting menu" :)

btw, your initial photo looks underexposed, hence colour rendition wasn't so good. Oh and imho, your edited photo looks over-constrasty :think:

Why not just do it during PP? You can control the amount of contrast, saturation, depending on what you want to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.