the computer times photomarathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
curiously, the paper mentioned thematic shooting, but no genre was mentioned. as with all other contests of similar form, the copyright of all images taken will be copyright of the organizers, so who are those still keen on taking part? ;)

OzOn3 said:
Whoa, it seems like the marathon is for pros only... :(

Well, everyone's invited, except pros... :D
"Professional photographers are not allowed to take part in the competition" ;)

They won't announce selection so soon until entry closes on 3rd Oct.

12hr marathon = got 4 hrs for each theme. Those without car/bike is going to loose out. b'cos of longer travelling time to and fro. :cry:

photogene said:
They won't announce selection so soon until entry closes on 3rd Oct.

12hr marathon = got 4 hrs for each theme. Those without car/bike is going to loose out. b'cos of longer travelling time to and fro. :cry:

Huh?? I thought the event takes place in NYP itself??? Need to travel around meh?

Whoever's got a reply pls post here...
At least we know that they are starting to inform successful candidates..
Their website did not indicate when the candidates will be informed..
Anyone know whenn they will inform???

OzOn3 said:
Huh?? I thought the event takes place in NYP itself??? Need to travel around meh?

Read this, stated on the website: ;)

"This once-in-a-lifetime endurance competition for digital photography buffs will send you all over Singapore in an amazing race to complete three thematic assignments...."

http://www.photomarathon.com.sg/canonct.php

haiz... no mail today... haven't got a reply.

Photographs MUST NOT be manipulated in any way.

Photographs should be JPEG images with a minimum file size of 500 KB, and a maximum file size of 1MB.

how to conform to this 2 rules? change settings on your digicam until the size of your jpeg fit the requirements?

eryker said:

Photographs should be JPEG images with a minimum file size of 500 KB, and a maximum file size of 1MB.

how to conform to this 2 rules? change settings on your digicam until the size of your jpeg fit the requirements?

yup can set the camera's compression and resolution so that it fits the criteria... i think they set this rule cause they are looking for 3MP and above? :D

just a wild guess... but how they know it's not modified.... if i resize it? then change the meta data? who knows? hehe....

2. Each entry must be accompanied by a digital photograph that is a sample of the photographer's quality of work.
3. The photograph should be an original work that has been shot by a digital camera.
4. Photographs MUST NOT be manipulated in any way.
5. Photographs should be JPEG images with a minimum file size of 500 KB, and a maximum file size of 1MB.

the rules 3, 4, 5 applies to 2, the photograph that you will be submitting along with your entry.

eryker said:

i think manipulation does not include resizing. Else very difficult. Probably meant they want a picture 'as you took it', ie no pimples removed, colours enhancement, polar bear in the desert kind of thing.

does that mean no auto levels and auto contrast and auto color ?

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.