The Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecoral

Jun 12, 2004
Dear all,

This is the first time I'm posting pics in CS, kindly give me some critique :embrass:

Image032.jpg

:eek:

Din read the guidelines b4 posting.. :embrass:

Thanks for informing :D

Already made the necessary changes :p

Pls review and give critique.

Cheers

Think its beautiful.

The only comment is to ask did u used a polarising filter? This is to make the blue bluer and white whiter and thus better contrast. I suppose u can simulate the effect on software.

Did you take the pic this evening? I saw a similar sky just before last light today when these high altitude clouds caught the last glow of the sun and they were all tinged with red and pinks and magentas..

Generally, not a very interesting shot although there are some patterens to it. You should PS it more contrasty to have a feel.

Bluecoral said:
kindly give me some critique

The clouds are a nice background for something - be it landscape, a building, a person, a computer desktop, etc. As a picture on its own, without "something" in the foreground to focus on, I think it's not that interesting.

That shot could come in handy to replace burnt out sky in other pictures. ;)

WA for clouds make them so much better.

mebbe try stitch & panoramic next time =)

espion said:
Think its beautiful.

The only comment is to ask did u used a polarising filter? This is to make the blue bluer and white whiter and thus better contrast. I suppose u can simulate the effect on software.

Did you take the pic this evening? I saw a similar sky just before last light today when these high altitude clouds caught the last glow of the sun and they were all tinged with red and pinks and magentas..

Thks.

I din use any filter cos I dont know hw to use :embrass:

The pic was taken somewhere in June :)

Thks all for your critique :) n thks to roygoh for moving my pic to the thread for easy access/viewing.

I'll try to improve.

Cheers.

you dont know how to use a filter?

for bluer, richer and deeper skies go to your local camera store with your camera and ask for a polarizer that will fit your lens. i recomend buying used ones for dirt cheap. if you have a consumer digital camera that dosnt take any filters just grab an el-cheep-o polarizer and hold it or tape it to your cam..you figure it out.

to use the filter you simply place in front of the lens and shoot. its done!
now there are two types of polarizers and different values...i think. ASK the person at the store!
circular polarizer and linear polarizer i think.

if you dont feel like doing that, you can always pull out some of the blues and reds in photoshop. RICHEN!

oh yeah, if the sky dosnt look like its exploding, dont take a picture of it.

your photo will only work in certain contexts. not in this one though.

Thanks for enlightening me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.