The Citizens of The People's Republic of China

Status
Not open for further replies.
I admired them. If the Cathay Pacific incident happened to singaporean we kwai kwai walk down the plane. This is not because we are civilized, it is because we are conditioned by our government. We are afraid of the laws. We need to learn about individual right from them.

jopel said:
I admired them. If the Cathay Pacific incident happened to singaporean we kwai kwai walk down the plane. This is not because we are civilized, it is because we are conditioned by our government. We are afraid of the laws. We need to learn about individual right from them.

Actually we do not know what happened in flight..... But from my experience in air travel, some asian airlines...... including our beloved Singapore Airlines, they seems to have race preference. e.g. If the passengers are white guys, den in the delay they will provide food vouchers, free gift and some other freebies.... if you are an asian, sometimes you will have to fight for your rights.... even simple things like postcards, priority will be given to the ang mo first....

With that in mind, my biggest question is why do they settle for a mere 50 dollar compensation... Last time I had a big delay, I was given a free night stay in a hotel, first class seats on the next available flight..... most importantly the airline compensated me with a return ticket to anywhere in the US with compliments from United Airlines...... :bsmilie:

I've encountered a very bad example of fighting for personal right from a chinese girl in early 20s. I was with a Condo management.

This girl was going home acompanied by her two guy friends at about 3am. She stayed at 6th flr with a tenant whom she called "Auntie" (also chinese).

The story goes:
She went to the wrong floor, 5th floor and found that her key couldn't open the door. She shouted vulgarities, banged the door, used her key to knocked the door and left marks and scratches there.

Soon many resident were awakened and security was summoned to investigate. The security quickly made a police report and moved on to the block. Upon reaching, the girl was hysterical and the security supevisor could smell reeks alcohol from the girl. All this lasted for about an hour till diffused by the presence of police.

The following morning when I went to work, I got a report from the security supervisor. I went up to inspect the damaged door and talk to the 5th floor tenant. She told me her family felt traumatised by the girl, 1st she banged loudly then she kicked the door etc...

I called up the 6th floor Auntie to inform her that she or her "niece" may have to pay for the repair of the damaged door.

Two days later the girl, with her auntie barged into the office, talk very loudly, denying her fault, asking why she must pay for the damaged door and why the 5th floor tenant didn't open the door and explain that she got the wrong unit resulting her to bang excessively thus causing injury to herself, then she showed me her "bruises" on her thigh by pulling up her skirt( got it from the banging), trying to use the beauty ruse on me....any she's quite pretty and have a good figure. Being professional, I decline to look.

Then we went up to show her the damaged she had done, she denied that was created by her, then talk very loudly, hysterically....said her perfume, dress, her underwears, cost few hundred dollars, not that she cannot afford to pay for te damaged, but saying the 5th floor tenant should bear 50% because its their fault for not opening the door.

(at 3am plus? with a hysterical girl accompanied by 2 man?? shouting vulgarities banging and kicking the door) If I was there I wouldn't too.

Few days later after talking to the carpenter, owner, tenant, auntie, finally the carpenter agreed to take $100 as the repair cost, paid by the "auntie" although she said paid by the girl.

The girl had moved out on the day the "auntie" paid.

I was told by the "auntie" that she a student from shanghai, a friend of hers. My security sup told me he strongly believed she working somewhere, every night return 3-4am can't be a student.

The story is even if she wrong she still deny it, because she still believe its the 5th tenant that wrong, then try to appeal to me by trying to show me some flesh...low cut dress then pull up her skirt etc....really made me believe that never NEVER ever antagonise shanghai girl.....dunno what she'll do to fight for her right.

Shanghai woman's status is above man back home...... Beware!

idor said:
Actually we do not know what happened in flight..... But from my experience in air travel, some asian airlines...... including our beloved Singapore Airlines, they seems to have race preference. e.g. If the passengers are white guys, den in the delay they will provide food vouchers, free gift and some other freebies.... if you are an asian, sometimes you will have to fight for your rights.... even simple things like postcards, priority will be given to the ang mo first....

With that in mind, my biggest question is why do they settle for a mere 50 dollar compensation... Last time I had a big delay, I was given a free night stay in a hotel, first class seats on the next available flight..... most importantly the airline compensated me with a return ticket to anywhere in the US with compliments from United Airlines...... :bsmilie:

Precisely the reason why I do not want to comment about CX incident. We do not know what exactly happened. Right or wrong, they are in the service line and should professionally handle such incidents. Relating the incident which singled out a particular nationality to the press just doesn't come across to me as an objective report.

Yah, I was rather amazed with the $50 compensation which is something that I wouldn't even want to publicise.

Hommie said:
Shanghai woman's status is above man back home...... Beware!

But Shanghai women can be quite gentle. :sweatsm: :sweatsm: :sweatsm:

chinese people may be pretty crude when it comes to certain cultural "standards", but I admire them for their guts. so many years under a tough regime and they still know how to stand up for what they believe are their rights. Even if they are mistaken.

idor said:

maybe it's because some ang mo magazines are giving them the 'top airline' rating every year?d
i remember reading in the papers recently they got some #1 spot for 10 years consecutive by some american magazine.

mattlock said:
chinese people may be pretty crude when it comes to certain cultural "standards", but I admire them for their guts. so many years under a tough regime and they still know how to stand up for what they believe are their rights. Even if they are mistaken.

Perhaps it's because they are releasing the floodgates of their rage and suppressed emotions?:bsmilie:

jsbn said:
Hmm.... Can't really remember figures.

DPRK Army: Apprx 1 billion
People's Liberation Army: Apprx 2.5 million
US Army: Apprx 1 million
Russian Armed Forces: Apprx 1.5 million
SAF: 1/2 million

Care to fill in the gap between DPRK and PLA?

. :bsmilie: I am afraid you don't know how many zeros are there in 1 billion..

btw China has almost 1.3 to 1.4 billion population...and it is also the most populated nation in the world.. :)

I can't imagine a 1 billion army... :sweat:

tokrot said:
. :bsmilie: I am afraid you don't know how many zeros are there in 1 billion..

btw China has almost 1.3 to 1.4 billion population...and it is also the most populated nation in the world.. :)

I can't imagine a 1 billion army... :sweat:

Exactly, :bsmilie: , its actually just 2.25 million for the PLA. and 1.08 million for the DPRK People's Army.

Aton said:
... My security sup told me he strongly believed she working somewhere, every night return 3-4am can't be a student.

Maybe she is attending the university of night life and making herself available for a comparative study of alcohol content and human behaviour?

Maybe she is attending the university of night life and making herself available for a comparative study of alcohol content and human behaviour?

Someone hintin he is the guinea pig of her research or the lecturer giving her a crash course :bsmilie:

jokingly,
:devil:

Sion said:

Social Studies? hahaha:bsmilie:

I find the discussion here about chinese women really a gross generalisation and a show of immaturity of the people here...............there are good and bad people in every population.

Want to hear generalisations about Singaporeans?.........you would be surprised or ashamed.

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
I find the discussion here about chinese women really a gross generalisation and a show of immaturity of the people here...............there are good and bad people in every population.

Want to hear generalisations about Singaporeans?.........you would be surprised or ashamed.

Hong Sien

I would agree with you as well. I have many friends who are Chinese as well. I guess more time is needed to fully understand Chinese people.

Looking down on them is probably the biggest mistakes as US and Japan are bucking up in terms of economy. Not that we are afraid of them but we should respect one another.

Pro Image said:
I would agree with you as well. I have many friends who are Chinese as well. I guess more time is needed to fully understand Chinese people.

Looking down on them is probably the biggest mistakes as US and Japan are bucking up in terms of economy. Not that we are afraid of them but we should respect one another.
Yes, exactly. The reasons I can think of why chinese people react the way they did on that particular flight, is that they are tired of getting the last seats all the time........chinese people have always been getting the lowest paid jobs, because their life is so miserable they would accept any salary people offer, thus getting the lowest. People have been and are still playing them around, in and outside of China.

I just hope people would understand that China has just been opened, can not expect they would behave like us (as if we behave so good?) in just 10-20 years? One should know how tough life is there, especially on the countryside, barely surviving. More than 80% of the people live on that countryside, have a little thought on them too. Try to understand the background these people come from, also those who 'behave' not the way we would like them to be........try to be in their shoes.......

Yes, it is true there are many who wants to be rich as fast as possible, but what could you expect? That country is so big, I respect those who control it, and please don't compare it with Singapore, as this is just a red dot that is so damned easy to control,.........

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
Yes, exactly. The reasons I can think of why chinese people react the way they did on that particular flight, is that they are tired of getting the last seats all the time........chinese people have always been getting the lowest paid jobs, because their life is so miserable they would accept any salary people offer, thus getting the lowest. People have been and are still playing them around, in and outside of China.

I just hope people would understand that China has just been opened, can not expect they would behave like us (as if we behave so good?) in just 10-20 years? One should know how tough life is there, especially on the countryside, barely surviving. More than 80% of the people live on that countryside, have a little thought on them too. Try to understand the background these people come from, also those who 'behave' not the way we would like them to be........try to be in their shoes.......

Yes, it is true there are many who wants to be rich as fast as possible, but what could you expect? That country is so big, I respect those who control it, and please don't compare it with Singapore, as this is just a red dot that is so damned easy to control,.........

Hong Sien

Just to let the general audience country side ANNUAL household salary is RMB1200.

If the 10% of the China population go swimming, I wonder what will happen to Singapore? Haha......

Status
Not open for further replies.