The Camera Workshop is Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantyale

Oct 4, 2004
Bedok
I have a canon EF85 F/1.8 which is a little back focusing (tried on my 300D and a EOS50 film body). I bought it second hand on CS with 6 month shop warranty left, so I sent it in for repair. Two weeks later, I got it back with the statement that the lens is OK... :eek: And they let me try a new 85, which showed the same problem. :cry:
Then they suggested I send it in to Canon Service, and they'll cover the charge for me :D
So it went to Canon. The technician there told me it is back a bit but still considered within specs. Then it was adjusted, I paid 63 dollars for the service - and brought the receipt to The Camera Workshop :thumbsup: And they issued a cheque right away!
Man that was some GOOD experience with them.

A big :thumbsup: for the good folks at TCW!

A :thumbsup: from me as well! Great service as usual! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow, excellent service. :)
Two thumbs up for TCW.

Just to clarify, thats not what the "shop warranty" includes right? Just because TCW couldnt find the root of the problem. Really out of the way to help a customer. Kudos

In fact Canon was also quite nice also in that they called me after examining the lens, which is "still within the specs", before doing any adjustment and charging me anything.
But again, TCW is great!

Wow.....

Like that i'd not mind buying "grey stuff" liao and get some savings... :)

Where can I find TCW ? I've a Yashica Lynx 1000 (post war 35mm camera) do you think they could service ?

nova_nebula said:
Where can I find TCW ? I've a Yashica Lynx 1000 (post war 35mm camera) do you think they could service ?

They are located at the ground floor in Peninsula Shopping Centre near to Ruby Photo.

Just a few words

I guess it's not their "normal" practice most likely, but as I was lucky enough, I felt great about their service.

Nice to hear stories about positive customer service experiences. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.