The 'Boring Forum' thread gone MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Becos people what more interesting thread leh. Why don't you start something "exciting" for this Christmas?

I think its getting interesting when thread just disappear like that. Make us searching and wondering, don't you think so?

Bobman said:
I think its getting interesting when thread just disappear like that. Make us searching and wondering, don't you think so?

Halloween just over la and Seven Moon is still a long way. Any other explanation? :devil: :devil: :dunno:

That thread was not closed by moderators.

It was closed by the threadstarter Audiobean, who started that thread saying that Singapore is boring, CS forumers(or at least Oly users) are boring.

His reason for deleting the thread is "... posted something which I would not tolerate in a public forum". (See the new thread he started in the Olympus forum "Keep Spreading the Good Words of Olympus")

What a hypocrite! In that thread he clearly extolled the unrestrained freedom that exists in the wonderful forums elsewhere. He may not have mentioned photo.net. But photo.net is one of the biggest internet photo forums. I look at photo.net almost daily. The discussions in photo.net will make the transactions in the "Boring Forum" like sweet candies.

Or maybe he was offended by the nude image of a woman torso. Look again. Photo.net allows even images showing the female vulva. This particular image of a nude torso is so tame that more erotic images can be seen in the book stores in Kinokuniya, as well as in many magazines available locally!

I suspect the reason for him closing the thread is because he was exposed for what he is. A bigot, a gear head, and a peddler for Oylmpus. And now, a hypocrite.

I am writing in this way because Audiobean had clearly been displeased with the "restrained" manner in which CS forumers wrote. So I took his advice, and removed SOME restraints.

I could have written worse.

student said:

It was closed by the threadstarter Audiobean, who started that thread saying that Singapore is boring, CS forumers(or at least Oly users) are boring.

His reason for deleting the thread is "... posted something which I would not tolerate in a public forum". (See the new thread he started in the Olympus forum "Keep Spreading the Good Words of Olympus")

What a hypocrite! In that thread he clearly extolled the unrestrained freedom that exists in the wonderful forums elsewhere. He may not have mentioned photo.net. But photo.net is one of the biggest internet photo forums. I look at photo.net almost daily. The discussions in photo.net will make the transactions in the "Boring Forum" like sweet candies.

Or maybe he was offended by the nude image of a woman torso. Look again. Photo.net allows even images showing the female vulva. This particular image of a nude torso is so tame that more erotic images can be seen in the book stores in Kinokuniya, as well as in many magazines available locally!

I suspect the reason for him closing the thread is because he was exposed for what he is. A bigot, a gear head, and a peddler for Oylmpus. And now, a hypocrite.

I am writing in this way because Audiobean had clearly been displeased with the "restrained" manner in which CS forumers wrote. So I took his advice, and removed SOME restraints.

:thumbsup: BRAVO! heheh

student said:

I disagree actually. I don't think he's a hypocrite. He's just a bloody moron.

If anyone wanted to post nude please do it somewhere else, not in my thread. I look forward to an openess to communication in forum in the positive way, not to the extend of posting nude pics, I will without doubt close such thread down if not in the hands of the moderator. Take your analogy of photo.net posting nude to the moderator, and let us know the answer will you? Student I observed that it's hard for you to draw a fine line there, it's either restrain for you or all the way out, as evidence from some of your later tone in that thread (and for goodness sake can't you just get a better nick, it just makes me much older, good student...).

Maybe its so boring that it's gone. :bsmilie:

kahheng said:
I disagree actually. I don't think he's a hypocrite. He's just a bloody moron.

KH, I do realise that sometimes I can be wrong.:bsmilie:

audiobean said:
Student I observed that it's hard for you to draw a fine line there, it's either restrain for you or all the way out, as evidence from some of your later tone in that thread (and for goodness sake can't you just get a better nick, it just makes me much older, good student...).

Heh?

You call this "all the way out"? Please. Do not live in your tiny tini little well. Have you read the forums elsewhere? They are so opened, so free, so unrestrained (Hmmm Somehow when I write this, I get a sense of deja vu. Has someone mentioned similar things before?)

And I am but a student. Truly and sincerely. I have yet to arrive. I do not ever think I can ever arrive. I am that dumb. So I keep learning all the time. I keep changing equipments. I have not got the enlightenment of some beanheads with noisy otological apparatuses - that Olympus is soooooooo good that it is liken to the Gospel - "Spreading the Good Words!" I am so dense that although I have the Olympus E1 (er, you are still waiting for your E500? - got permission from the finance minister?) I did not know that I might be holding the Gospel!

I am so fickle that I am totally incapable to be a fanatic loyal supporter to any equipment.

So I use Canon, and Nikon, and Olymus, and Pentax, and Contax, (Sorry Minolta- your turn will come - I really believe you are underrated), and......., and ........, and ..... and ..... and...... and ...........

Need I go on? See how ignorant I am? I have yet to recognise the supremo!! And I cannot even see colors properly!

So I am a student. Humbled by my ignorance. I can't afford to have beans in my ears confusing my auditory perception. I can't shift auditory information with beans in my ears.

I am just a student. Anything wrong with being a student and admitting to be one?

audiobean said:
.....and for goodness sake can't you just get a better nick, it just makes me much older, good student...).

Actually if I can make you older than me, I will seize the opportunity!

Life will be so much simpler with you losing your hearing after all the beans in your ears.

Life will be so much more peaceful with your losing your eyesight so that you can't see colors!

Oops! No!!

Then you might just see black & white! Oh no! don't want you there!

But, sincere student I am,:angel: , I just might put up with you in order to have peace elsewhere. I am prepared to make the sacrifice.....

DT_ said:
i dont know wats going on... but i did a search on the nick.. well there isnt a boring thread... :think:

It was deleted.

Reminder to all CS'ers, please refrain from any name callings, "item branding" or "gang bangs". Any offending postings or thread will be delete without any prior notice.

Want to quarrel? Go find a real kopitiam.

Marketplace

togu said:
Reminder to all CS'ers, please refrain from any name callings, "item branding" or "gang bangs". Any offending postings or thread will be delete without any prior notice.

Marketplace

Hi Mod

It;s a pretty tame discussion i think. I do not think its very offensive. In fact the "This is a boring forum" thread with its opening post was more offending as it criticises not just this forums but singapore and singaporeans.

audiobean said:
If anyone wanted to post nude please do it somewhere else, not in my thread. I look forward to an openess to communication in forum in the positive way, not to the extend of posting nude pics, I will without doubt close such thread down if not in the hands of the moderator. Take your analogy of photo.net posting nude to the moderator, and let us know the answer will you? Student I observed that it's hard for you to draw a fine line there, it's either restrain for you or all the way out, as evidence from some of your later tone in that thread (and for goodness sake can't you just get a better nick, it just makes me much older, good student...).

I believe the deletion of the thread is not of the nude photo being posted. Rather are your offensive remarks being critised and you don't know how to end it. Actually its simple, you just need to apologise and life goes on but you choose to be defensive in your statements all the way through until you are stuck, you just find an excuse(or a scapegoat) and hit the delete button.

I am really surprise as a photographer, you would say that nude photography is offensive. Or maybe Student is right that you are just a tiny frog in a well.

Give this guy a break. ;)

togu said:

Marketplace

I sincerely apologize for my lack of impulse control that led me to say the first obvious thing that came to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.