The 'Boring Forum' thread gone MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
togu said:
Reminder to all CS'ers, please refrain from any name callings, "item branding" or "gang bangs". Any offending postings or thread will be delete without any prior notice.

Want to quarrel? Go find a real kopitiam.

Marketplace

As a moderator, you clearly have a responsibility to keep peace in the forums. And I thank you for taking on this thankless task.

On the other hand, you will also need to show some wisdom in exercising your responsibility. And you should also show example by not trying to incite quarrel, as in the way you phrased your words "Want to quarrel? Go find a real kopitiam".

Up to the point till you posted your warning, the only "Offensive Name Calling" was "Moron" made by Kah Heng.

The rest of the thread, largely by me, was a point for point rebuttal to Audiobean, with some lighthearted sarcasm thrown in. As digitalbuff wrote, this was pretty tame. Unfortunately the "Boring Thread" was deleted, and what was written by Audiobean cannot be retrieved by the average CS forumers.

But what I wrote was to remind Audiobean what he wrote and how he tried to twist things round. Hypocrisy is actually a very apt term to describe his behavior. Look at that thread if you can still retrieve it, and see for yourself if what I wrote does not have any merit and logic.

student said:
Up to the point till you posted your warning, the only "Offensive Name Calling" was "Moron" made by Kah Heng.

my dear student, i humbly beg to differ.

you did call him a "hypocrite", "bigot", "gear head" and a "peddler for olympus"....

;)

koolz said:
Give this guy a break. ;)

You are asking for restrain? This was something Audiobean so despised in your behaviour. He clearly criticised the kind of things you are now writing of, ie "Restrain".

Now we are doing what he said is good, ie, "be not restrained", you are asking me to be restrained again?

Where is your logic?

It's really some kind of playground over here for you guys isn't it? Really been quite facinated that you all just wanted to go on and on about the topic. Ok to get some fact straight on your comments, I'm not offense by nude, there are loads of it on the internet and I am a guy. However the nude is posted which isn't a rules of the forum and its on my thread. Is it so hard to understand? Just do me a favour and ask the mods if you want to post nudes okay? I won't take the responsibility of anyone posting nude on my thread. Either myself or the mods would have deleted it. Got it?

About the offensive name calling part, nevermind I won't be bothered with such stupidity, forget it.

My apology to those who felt insulted. I do have my grunt over some things here, and I voice my comments. I came from western culture so please pardon my bluntness. And to be fair to Singapore, please find me a place in this world which doesn't has it's own negatives, I'll be more than willing to live there! I still like this city for what it is due to it's global presence, now I look forward to see the people with a more global mindsets too to bring the country to the next level. I've already seen a lot of good city development lately and it's already quite amazing (and this isn't a negative remarks).

Peace and go watch Miss World. Enough is enough.

zaren said:
my dear student, i humbly beg to differ.

you did call him a "hypocrite", "bigot", "gear head" and a "peddler for olympus"....

;)

Was I stating facts, or fiction?

Was he not a hypocrite? When he extol the wonderful unrestrained freedom in foreign forums. And then criticised and closed his thread when he was challenged?

Was his criticisms (which he called "comments") of Singapore and Forumers not indicative of a bigotted attitide?

Was he not, using biblical terms ""Spread the Good Words of Olympus" not a peddler for Oympus?

He, proudly talking about Olympus but photography? Not a gear head?

You Zaren, is seriously in need of the ability to read properly. I hope you are not dyslexic.

You defended him, saying that he was trying to extol the virtues of Oylmpus colors, But a cursory reading of his first post showed that his main thrust was criticising Singapore and Forumers. See digitalbuff post.

You completely ignored the main thrust of his first post. Are you in cahoots with him?

Use your logic, if you have any.

audiobean said:
It's really some kind of playground over here for you guys isn't it? Really been quite facinated that you all just wanted to go on and on about the topic.

Well, you waltz in here, say all that crab(i.e. criticising our country, our countrymen, our weather and also this forum) and then when people rebut, u think we go on and on. Come on ... some in the Oly forum are kind enough to you but not all will just stand idly by.

audiobean said:
Ok to get some fact straight on your comments, I'm not offense by nude, there are loads of it on the internet and I am a guy. However the nude is posted which isn't a rules of the forum and its on my thread.

Now we talk about rules....

audiobean said:
My apology to those who felt insulted. I do have my grunt over some things here, and I voice my comments. I came from western culture so please pardon my bluntness..

Blunt not equals to rude.

audiobean said:
And to be fair to Singapore, please find me a place in this world which doesn't has it's own negatives, I'll be more than willing to live there! I still like this city for what it is due to it's global presence, now I look forward to see the people with a more global mindsets too to bring the country to the next level. I've already seen a lot of good city development lately and it's already quite amazing (and this isn't a negative remarks).

Thanks man. You know what, you will be happy to know we would prob hit 5.1% GDP this year too.

audiobean said:
Peace and go watch Miss World. Enough is enough.

Oh i have said my piece. Peace peace. No more from everyone ok...duh

zaren said:
my dear student,

i fail to see your logic.

calling someone a "moron" is name calling, but calling someone a "hypocrite" and "bigot" isn't name calling?

not to mention insinuating that togu is "unwise" and that i am "dyslexic" and "illogical".

i do believe you need to cool down, have a beer, forgive and forget.

:)

Are you afraid to call a spade a spade? Do you know the meaning of words?

A moron is someone of sub-normal intelligence. The way Audiobean twists and turns, and complete turnabouts showed him to be quite in possession of his mind. It is others who cannot see this who might deserve the name "morons". Wonder who these people are?

Calling someone a hypocrite and bigot and gear head and oly peddlar when all that is clear is putting that person in his place. You have yet to show that what I had written had no basis.

Have you not shown yourself to lack ability to read? Do you dare deny this? What did Audiobean said in his first post? What did you say he was trying to say? If you can read, and you still have vestiges of memory, you will remember what the main thrust of the first post is. If your memory fails you, digitalbuff posts may remind you.

And if you do know how to read, based on your defence of Audiobean, I have to assume that you do not understand what you read. What do you call that? Or if you do understand, yet comes to a wild conclusion, what does that make you?

I respect all moderators for their work. But moderators do not possess divine understanding and wisdom, and ability to judge. My post was to remind togu of his responsibility. I do not hold moderators as divine beings. And I hope you do not hold them to be divine beings. But then, again.............

Hey, Zaren, deleted your last post?

But never mind, what you wrote in your last post was in the quote above.

student said:
Was I stating facts, or fiction?

Was he not a hypocrite? When he extol the wonderful unrestrained freedom in foreign forums. And then criticised and closed his thread when he was challenged?

Was his criticisms (which he called "comments") of Singapore and Forumers not indicative of a bigotted attitide?

Was he not, using biblical terms ""Spread the Good Words of Olympus" not a peddler for Oympus?

He, proudly talking about Olympus but photography? Not a gear head?

You Zaren, is seriously in need of the ability to read properly. I hope you are not dyslexic.

You defended him, saying that he was trying to extol the virtues of Oylmpus colors, But a cursory reading of his first post showed that his main thrust was criticising Singapore and Forumers. See digitalbuff post.

You completely ignored the main thrust of his first post. Are you in cahoots with him?

Use your logic, if you have any.

and by calling him all those names, whether they are true or not, defuses the situation and stops the quarelling? two wrongs don't make a right, my dear student.

my initial post in the deleted thread was to give audiobean the benefit of the doubt, in the hope that the focus will then be on talking about olympus rather than about singapore and forumers. is it so hard to forgive and forget?

now, by dredging up the past with this new thread, is really unnecessary IMHO. audiobean has gone on to extol the virtues of olympus in a new thread, while you have chosen to continue to attack him in this one. why is the need for that? it's really time to move on, and shoot more.

peace.

:cool:

student said:
Are you afraid to call a spade a spade? Do you know the meaning of words?

A moron is someone of sub-normal intelligence. The way Audiobean twists and turns, and complete turnabouts showed him to be quite in possession of his mind. It is others who cannot see this who might deserve the name "morons". Wonder who these people are?

Calling someone a hypocrite and bigot and gear head and oly peddlar when all that is clear is putting that person in his place. You have yet to show that what I had written had no basis.

Have you not shown yourself to lack ability to read? Do you dare deny this? What did Audiobean said in his first post? What did you say he was trying to say? If you can read, and you still have vestiges of memory, you will remember what the main thrust of the first post is. If your memory fails you, digitalbuff posts may remind you.

And if you do know how to read, based on your defence of Audiobean, I have to assume that you do not understand what you read. What do you call that? Or if you do understand, yet comes to a wild conclusion, what does that make you?

I respect all moderators for their work. But moderators do not possess divine understanding and wisdom, and ability to judge. My post was to remind togu of his responsibility. I do not hold moderators as divine beings. And I hope you do not hold them to be divine beings. But then, again.............

ok now you admit that you have called audiobean names. good. we are making progress.

togu, as a moderator, has requested for the name calling to stop, so that he can keep the peace in the forum. why was it so difficult for you to respect his request?

:think:

actually what happen?:confused:

Sion said:
Just another Monday night. :)

I see more than that Sion. I see mindfulness while in the magic of reality. Funny thing is people usually like to call a kettle black, oh.....isn’t it the pot calling the kettle black. Likewise it looks the same when Adam calls Eve naked!

What a good example of human degraded nature. Here for not even a penny, just a little confusion can change the sense of direction, so what happen it seems like it is going to be a greater confusion that could alter the inborn nature.

Photographers are also people. But here people are lacking divine love and compassion, a far cry from humanity’s true status as the highest sentient being. Perhaps a fine forum is seeing a evolution where humans are in the process of transcending the animal stage and evolving to the point where the rational and ethical sense will be dominant. Most people who are active here in this forum have deviated from their original good nature.

-------------------------------------------------
Their hearts having become defled and alienated from communion with the ultimate creator. The accumulation of selfishness, sinful deeds, deluded thoughts, and base passions creates fetters that enslave those who indulge in them. Being thus degraded, they have sunk to the level of beasts and even lower.
:)

347Long_way_up_1-med.jpg

zaren said:
and by calling him all those names, whether they are true or not, defuses the situation and stops the quarelling? two wrongs don't make a right, my dear student.

So in the pretext of "peace". you are prepared to ignore "wrongs"? You are afraid to confront what is "true"? Brilliant piece of logic. Two wrongs? I see only one. Which is the other? Can you prove the other?

zaren said:
my initial post in the deleted thread was to give audiobean the benefit of the doubt, in the hope that the focus will then be on talking about olympus rather than about singapore and forumers. is it so hard to forgive and forget?

Give audiobean the benefit of the doubt by ignoring what he said? You sure have a very bad memory! Or you may be suffering from visual aberration causing you not to read those inflammatory remarks. Maybe a MRI of your brain might be in order.

zaren said:
now, by dredging up the past with this new thread, is really unnecessary IMHO. audiobean has gone on to extol the virtues of olympus in a new thread, while you have chosen to continue to attack him in this one. why is the need for that? it's really time to move on, and shoot more.

You kept mentioning forgive and forget. Actually this is very sensible, especially coming from you. I really do not expect it! But you forget one crucial thing. Forgive and forget and peace can only come with mutual respect. And that includes acknowledging the wrongs.

What Bobman said was this. Admit mistakes and life goes on. This little incident attributed to a misguided indiscretion. But Audiobean continued to ignore his wrong, and continued to put out smoke screens and camoflag. Aided by people like you. People whom he despises. Again if you still have vestiges of memory, he was commenting on the restrained manner in which people here writes, in contrast to the freedom which foreign forums writes. So, in restraining yourself, and condoning and ignoring the inflamatory remarks he made, you fall right into the category of people he so despises! I really feel sorry for you.

forward said:
I see more than that Sion. I see mindfulness while in the magic of reality. Funny thing is people usually like to call a kettle black, oh.....isn’t it the pot calling the kettle black. Likewise it looks the same when Adam calls Eve naked!

What a good example of human degraded nature. Here for not even a penny, just a little confusion can change the sense of direction, so what happen it seems like it is going to be a greater confusion that could alter the inborn nature.

Photographers are also people. But here people are lacking divine love and compassion, a far cry from humanity’s true status as the highest sentient being. Perhaps a fine forum is seeing a evolution where humans are in the process of transcending the animal stage and evolving to the point where the rational and ethical sense will be dominant. Most people who are active here in this forum have deviated from their original good nature.

Cheamp man. :):bsmilie:

forward said:
I see more than that Sion. I see mindfulness while in the magic of reality. Funny thing is people usually like to call a kettle black, oh.....isn’t it the pot calling the kettle black.

If a black pot called a black kettle black, does it make the kettle white?

What was obvious was that the kettle was black. But the pot may have blackened itself by showing that the kettle was black. But the kettle was still black.

The pot was willing to be washed.

The kettle won't.

zaren said:
ok now you admit that you have called audiobean names. good. we are making progress

I have given names to him that only befitted him. You have still not shown why he did not deserved to be given his proper names. You are getting to be quite good at throwing smoke screens.

zaren said:
togu, as a moderator, has requested for the name calling to stop, so that he can keep the peace in the forum. why was it so difficult for you to respect his request?

:think:

Therein lies the difference between you and me. I respect all the moderators. But I do not necessarily have to agree with them. They have the final say in how they want to deal with this. And I will respect their authority to do so. But I may not agree with them. I won't "fight" them. But I will point out issues for them to consider.

You seem to be those who run when "trouble" brews.

student said:
So in the pretext of "peace". you are prepared to ignore "wrongs"? You are afraid to confront what is "true"? Brilliant piece of logic. Two wrongs? I see only one. Which is the other? Can you prove the other?

Give audiobean the benefit of the doubt by ignoring what he said? You sure have a very bad memory! Or you may be suffering from visual aberration causing you not to read those inflammatory remarks. Maybe a MRI of your brain might be in order.

You kept mentioning forgive and forget. Actually this is very sensible, especially coming from you. I really do not expect it! But you forget one crucial thing. Forgive and forget and peace can only come with mutual respect. And that includes acknowledging the wrongs.

What Bobman said was this. Admit mistakes and life goes on. This little incident attributed to a misguided indiscretion. But Audiobean continued to ignore his wrong, and continued to put out smoke screens and camoflag. Aided by people like you. People whom he despises. Again if you still have vestiges of memory, he was commenting on the restrained manner in which people here writes, in contrast to the freedom which foreign forums writes. So, in restraining yourself, and condoning and ignoring the inflamatory remarks he made, you fall right into the category of people he so despises! I really feel sorry for you.

my dear student,

it really is very simple.

you made an erroneous remark in this thread: "Up to the point till you posted your warning, the only "Offensive Name Calling" was "Moron" made by Kah Heng."

i pointed it out: "my dear student, i humbly beg to differ.

and you eventually admitted it: "Calling someone a hypocrite and bigot and gear head and oly peddlar when all that is clear is putting that person in his place. You have yet to show that what I had written had no basis. "

which proves that my original post in pointing out your mistake was correct.

you should have admitted right up front that "up to the point till you (togu) posted your warning, the only "name calling" was "moron" made by kah heng and "hypocrite", "bigot", "gear head" and "oly peddler" by student."

:cool:

zaren said:
the only "name calling" was "moron" made by kah heng

And yet again I apologise to one and all for calling audiobean the the immediately obvious name I could think of. I shall be less truthful and more polite in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.