The Blury beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildsoyabean

Sep 28, 2008
3322023788_4f2e6660eb.jpg

what is this about:
A sunset shot, which i converted into black and white. I added gassian blur to the photo too. As the photo wasnt really sharp and too many dark places. I felt the blur made the photo into a better shot. I really like the compositon in this shot - the bird the wheel and the beach nicely place. But i am not sure how others would see this type of blur photos.

Okie this is a shot that i am not sure how the public would love.
I personally love this and even printed this out on 4R photo. it kinda looks good.

but what do you guys this of such kind of blury dreamy photos?
To me personally it looks ugly when seen any bigger(maybe cos i downsize the file when i saved it). but it looks good on a 4R.

Subjectively...you had love everything in the picture.

The composition, the black n white treatment, the subject element and placements, the effects applied.

Full score on self evaluation, good work.

Last edited:
well i know that I appreciate shots like this..and i like this shot. it gives me a dreamy feel, puts me in a very calm, and relaxed mood. Good job! :thumbsup:

I very much like the composition of the shot. The lack of absolute sharpness doesn't bother me since primarily, you are capturing the silhouette of the subject. However, I would have preferred more details in the shadow area on the bottom right, though that may not have been your intention, nor may it have been possible under the circumstances.

Since you personally are satisfied with the capture, you can probably safely say that it's well done. Photographers are probably their own worst critics, no?

I very much like the composition of the shot. The lack of absolute sharpness doesn't bother me since primarily, you are capturing the silhouette of the subject. However, I would have preferred more details in the shadow area on the bottom right, though that may not have been your intention, nor may it have been possible under the circumstances.

Since you personally are satisfied with the capture, you can probably safely say that it's well done. Photographers are probably their own worst critics, no?

thanks for all the replies. its my first time bluring the whole image. so also abit unsure how to go about it....

i must say the bottom right is details are lost due to poor exposure by me even in the actual shot. :sweat:

i love the picture! blurry pictures dont bother me at all if its at the right situation!
also i love the composition! keep up the good work! =)

i believe as long as some1 takes a photo and loves it, thats is the most important as it is a moment in time for them to remember!

Hi wildsoyabean, i think it is a nicely calming shot, i also love the b&w conversion, but i'm not so sure about the position of the bird being that 'nice', its too high up in the frame, too close to the wheel and too few in numbers for any real impact. I'm also not a fan of heavily blurring the whole photo, i would much prefer something like an orton effect which gives the picture a gentle 'glow' while retaining the edges instead. That's all, i hope it helps

somehow...i love this pic....got some feel there...haha

Initially i thought that was someone diving ala superman near the ferris wheel.... But then i found out, its just a bird after all.... haha

i love this picture~ no comments. it feels comfortable to look at :)

Initially i thought that was someone diving ala superman near the ferris wheel.... But then i found out, its just a bird after all.... haha

somehow...i love this pic....got some feel there...haha

Hi wildsoyabean, i think it is a nicely calming shot, i also love the b&w conversion, but i'm not so sure about the position of the bird being that 'nice', its too high up in the frame, too close to the wheel and too few in numbers for any real impact. I'm also not a fan of heavily blurring the whole photo, i would much prefer something like an orton effect which gives the picture a gentle 'glow' while retaining the edges instead. That's all, i hope it helps

i love the picture! blurry pictures dont bother me at all if its at the right situation!
also i love the composition! keep up the good work! =)

i believe as long as some1 takes a photo and loves it, thats is the most important as it is a moment in time for them to remember!

thanks for the comments. haha...bird position is a matter of luck...unless i edit the bird to somewhere nicer.

Status
Not open for further replies.