The best thing you can do to your car is to sound proof it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silence Sky

Deregistered
Sep 5, 2006
If you succeed , even QQ can become a million dollar car.

Has anyone try before? and have ideas to share?:)

cannot hear anything is good?? :confused:

sound how, i think driving a totally silent car is scary... i mean, you cannot hear your engine revving or not, you dont even know when your car might had just stalled... LOL

It would be a great idea to sound proof cars....then I won't hear, "Doof Doof Doof" from 2 streets away !!!

Do people have any idea what the sound pressure is doing to their brains (if one has one) in such a closed environment.

Q.... How to become a moron at age 30.

A.....Get a small car.
Install a 1500watt stereo with massive bass drivers.
Play "Doof Doof" music (the least inventive the better).
Wind all the windows up.
Smile at the people you pi*s off as you drive by.

Have a bumper sticker that says, "my other car is louder"

tyre puncture u also wont know..

traffic police try and stop you, you can say "sorry soundproof car so couldnt hear you just now" ;p

Or u can just buy one of those earphones that sticks right inside your ears, plug it into your iPod and turn up the vol to "max"......... sure cannot hear those horns blasting at you.....:cool:

sound how, i think driving a totally silent car is scary... i mean, you cannot hear your engine revving or not, you dont even know when your car might had just stalled... LOL

Instead of horning, irate drivers will stick their arms out of the windows and give two fingers sign.

And you'll response by giving them middle finger sign. :bsmilie:

Instead of horning, irate drivers will stick their arms out of the windows and give two fingers sign.

And you'll response by giving them middle finger sign. :bsmilie:

Wow like that sound proof not enough, must put on an eye shade too then cannot hear, cannot see....:sweatsm: but can die...:sweatsm:

Gentleman, you must have felt how idiotic the ideal is, to sound proof your car until you can't even hear the horn. But I am quite obsessed with a sound proofed car, can't afford it now, therefore have to improvise.

I think the horn problem can be overcome easily. There should be material that can absorb road noise but permit horn wave to pass through. Maybe can also use signal devise to amplify the horn wave inside the cabin.

Any ideas how to attenuate the road noise? or has anyone tried any methods?
I have heard people using 3M floor matt, is it useful at all?
Which tyre brand has the lowest road noise?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.