Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
BE YOURSELF!

This means;
1. Don't copy others
2. Follow your heart
3. Don't worry about what other people think or like

;p

(Note: This advice was the most popular one given by Magnum photographers to aspiring young photographers, as seen on the Magnum photo blog.)

BE YOURSELF!

This means;
1. Don't copy others
2. Follow your heart

;p

(Note: This advice was the most popular one given by Magnum photographers to aspiring young photographers, as seen on the Magnum photo blog.)

It is so true, Zaren, so true.

BE YOURSELF!

This means;
1. Don't copy others
2. Follow your heart

;p

I expected him to say:

"Buy the best camera."

:bsmilie:

BE YOURSELF!

;p

especially when posting photos in Clubsnap. LOL

"Best" is a moving target. constantly evolving, changing.
What is best today may not be the best tomorrow.
At times, we hv to stop at where is good enough.

"Best" is a moving target. constantly evolving, changing.
What is best today may not be the best tomorrow.
At times, we hv to stop at where is good enough.

Use the right tool for the right job, the best camera is the one that can do the job well.

I thought sion will said the best piece of advice in photography is to shoot XMM until they become aunties :bsmilie:

No I said: "Shoot only aunties." :bsmilie:

Thread always get derailed very fast when there are more than 1 kitty cat participating in it.

I think 3 is harder to follow if you shoot commercially. At some point client's opinion, demands, requirements become a direction. Just my opinion though. :)

BE YOURSELF!

This means;
1. Don't copy others
2. Follow your heart

;p

I think 3 is harder to follow if you shoot commercially. At some point client's opinion, demands, requirements become a direction. Just my opinion though. :)

Because of no. 3, Sam Abell nearly lost his job at Nat Geo. Thankfully, he stuck to his own style of photography, subtle and understated, and eventually won over his bosses at Nat Geo.

Nothing wrong with doing what others like, but by being true to yourself, you will define your own style and differentiate yourself from others.

Thread always get derailed very fast when there are more than 1 kitty cat participating in it.

Any thread in KPT will be derailed very fast. Nothing new here :)

Just trying to add some photography substance to Kopitiam, lol.

Use the right tool for the right job, the best camera is the one that can do the job well.

I thought sion will said the best piece of advice in photography is to shoot XMM until they become aunties :bsmilie:

Absolutely...use the right tool for the job. At the same time, don't get too hung up over the gear. If the quality of one's photography doesn't improve,
buying better gear to the sole exclusion of all other factors is neither the best solution nor the panacea :)

I expected him to say:

"Buy the best camera."

:bsmilie:

That is a given. I daresay Clubsnappers already own some of the best cameras of camera enthusiasts worldwide.:bsmilie:

But it is quite telling that none of the expert photographers at Magnum, Nat Geo etc advise "buying the best/better camera" as the path to better photography.

Last edited:
Any thread in KPT will be derailed very fast. Nothing new here :)

Just trying to add some photography substance to Kopitiam, lol.

But why?? :)

But why?? :)

why not? anything goes here right? :)
KPT also has much more readership than any other forum!

Last edited:
There is a whole lot of kitties that frequent here (in fact, one of them wanted to hear philosophy questions in kopitiam last/this week)... so people follow the kitties (go figure why!), and thus the readership here is so high! (I am guilty as charged! CS: football, B&S, and the few funny threads in kopitiam).

From "School of Visual Arts, Orientation Handbook" there comes an encouragement: Sooner or later someone will say it is art :)

why not? anything goes here right? :)
KPT also has much more readership than any other forum!

There is a whole lot of kitties that frequent here (in fact, one of them wanted to hear philosophy questions in kopitiam last/this week)... so people follow the kitties (go figure why!), and thus the readership here is so high! (I am guilty as charged! CS: football, B&S, and the few funny threads in kopitiam).

From "School of Visual Arts, Orientation Handbook" there comes an encouragement: Sooner or later someone will say it is art :)

very true....everything qualifies as art nowadays.

BE YOURSELF!

This means;
1. Don't copy others
2. Follow your heart

;p

my advice " GET OUT AND SHOOT ! "