The Best Job in the WORLD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw advertising trucks driving around shenton way just now. :D

It is not a sincere advertisement.
The true intent is to publicise the reef as a tourist destination. (as explained during the TV news broadcast)
The job offer is a trick to get Internet "hits".
This should not be allowed as it abuses ordinary people's hope to get employment and raises false hopes.

It is not a sincere advertisement.
The true intent is to publicise the reef as a tourist destination. (as explained during the TV news broadcast)
The job offer is a trick to get Internet "hits".
This should not be allowed as it abuses ordinary people's hope to get employment and raises false hopes.

Welcome to the real work. Anyone really thought "everyone" in the world actually stood a chance to get that dream job? You can already almost know who they will pick....or not pick. This is gorilla marketing at its best I would think. I really hope I am wrong.

Funny how I see a dream job that will last about a year (depending on how long the interest last) and fill you with a life time of adventures and wonderful memories but alot of people only seem to notice and talk about the money portion more then anything else.

Well, the adventures and wonderful memories part is an understatement...
The money part is... quite shockingly huge... so...

How about life insurance and other cover on medical and compensation on work related injuries?

And half it it goes to Australian Tax Organisation..... its PAYE so you don't even have a chance to say see the full amount in your bank account.

Yes, if u read the full info. on the website, insurance is provided... that covers the medical and injuries.

U sure tax is 50% that much?!? :bigeyes:

Admittedly, its not THE BEST Job in the world.

Different people have different interests and tastes. To those who like adventure, travel, diving, nature, outdoors.... this is at the very least, pretty darn close to the BEST JOB.

Welcome to the real work. Anyone really thought "everyone" in the world actually stood a chance to get that dream job? You can already almost know who they will pick....or not pick. This is gorilla marketing at its best I would think. I really hope I am wrong.

Hmmmm... u are getting me skeptical now... :think:
And who will they pick or not pick??

Hmmmm... u are getting me skeptical now... :think:
And who will they pick or not pick??

There is the commercial viability and I mean if you were to do so much publicity and pay that kind of salary you want to tell me there is no big ROI (Return on investment) involve? Smell a rat since yesterday as I dig more into it. Too good to be true...that is too good to be true to give this to some average "joe".

Look at the Reality shows and even one as simple as Amazing Race? You think all the personalities are picked at random or they were interviewed and they pick them to form an interesting group dynamic so they got more DRAMA. soap opera and conflict to spice the show up. If everyone is choose at random and if they are boring people you will have a boring show for one season and that is the end of it. The bitching and all the cut throat is what selling TV and yes....selling the great Barrier Reef according to some marketing guru. This one is no difference as I see it. I really hope I am wrong lah hehe but I do enough marketing and creative ad work to smell a pattern here. Let's see....

Last edited:
There is the commercial viability and I mean if you were to do so much publicity and pay that kind of salary you want to tell me there is no big ROI (Return on investment) involve? Smell a rat since yesterday as I dig more into it. Too good to be true...that is too good to be true to give this to some average "joe".

Look at the Reality shows and even one as simple as Amazing Race? You think all the personalities are picked at random or they were interviewed and they pick them to form an interesting group dynamic so they got more DRAMA. soap opera and conflict to spice the show up. If everyone is choose at random and if they are boring people you will have a boring show for one season and that is the end of it. The bitching and all the cut throat is what selling TV and yes....selling the great Barrier Reef according to some marketing guru. This one is no difference as I see it. I really hope I am wrong lah hehe but I do enough marketing and creative ad work to smell a pattern here. Let's see....

Actually i smell a reality show following up on this. Lol.

Of course, they will not pick an average Joe, not to mention at random... but I thot you had something more specific in mind, other than these general trends you've mentioned.

Amazing race... i've watched enough seasons to know the 'group' dynamics' of the type of people they will pick.
Standard:
1 sibling pair
1 parent-child pair
1 newly dating couple
1 separated or divorced couple pair
1 pair with interesting job (like bee farmer)
1 pair with interesting background (like ex-POW, beauty pagent)
1 pair with unusual sexual preference (like gay, etc)
1 pair with interestine relationship (like fraternity bros)
etc. etc. etc.

Of course, they will not pick an average Joe, not to mention at random... but I thot you had something more specific in mind, other than these general trends you've mentioned.

Of course I have but you want me kena infraction in CS with what I have to state about who will be "selected" to win the job har? heheh.. just sit back and watch lor ..heh as I said..I could be wrong...just a naggy feeling I have at the back of my head.

U sure tax is 50% that much?!? :bigeyes:

50% is a rough guide.

actual 2008 marginal rate for every $1 is 45c after the first 58kAUD.
if one is good at playing the tax game, he/she may save a few more thousands since the tax return for ATO comes with plenty more items you can claim for income deduction / rebate etc unlike SGP's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.