The Best Damn Tour - Carried forward from "Ready, Lights, Action!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Jeffrey but I hate to burst his bubble. This IS Singapore.

There'll be lots of talk, flurry discussions, tempers flying around, but in the end, really, who's gonna bother? Sistic is a super large organisation.

From the past many concerts I've attended, I daresay all of them were from Sistic. I don't even know who their rival companies are in this business.

I don't condone the promoter's way of handling the issue but seriously at the end of the day, life goes on. Yours and others. There will be no protests, riots, etc. And seriously, you think other Singaporeans will really care and boycott going to concerts simply bcos one of their many countrymen has been short-changed?

Don't we all have many grievances about life over here? But who's making all the changes? No one. There's Speakers' Corner. But it's as good as a white elephant.

At best, complaints are manifested in the usual postings in silly STOMP or pathetic whiny complaints going back and forth in Straits Times Forum. Which eventually surely become a non-issue through acceptance by Singaporeans.

It'll only leave you more hurt at the end if you pursue it tightly.

Serious photographers never have it easy whenever they bring your big camera in concerts, museums, or even outside a building. And FYI, this doesn't necessarily happen here only but overseas also.

It's tough on Jeff, I really don't know a good solution if I were him. On the one hand, you want justice, but on the other, know that it takes a lot of energy, time, effort, or even money (if you want to engage a lawyer which is unwise, really) and this whole mini protest will likely come to nought.

It's like fighting against a giant.

But surely you aren't suggesting that everyone who goes through this takes this lying down are you? If everyone adopts the view that you do, then well, lawyers would go out of business (well, thats not necessarily a bad thing :bsmilie:) and customer service and product quality would go out the window wouldn't it? (ok i'm over simplifying, but you get my drift i hope)

But surely you aren't suggesting that everyone who goes through this takes this lying down are you? If everyone adopts the view that you do, then well, lawyers would go out of business (well, thats not necessarily a bad thing :bsmilie:) and customer service and product quality would go out the window wouldn't it? (ok i'm over simplifying, but you get my drift i hope)

I'm not even suggesting what Jeff should do now. Did I not say it's tough on him and I don't know of a good solution myself? What I posted previously was to paint a realistic view of what's life like over here. Surely anyone who's lived here for a couple of years will know it.

You want to hear my case?

I just remembered a few years ago, I was made to pay almost S$1k for a dental treatment by this idiotic, con-dentist in Orchard Road. I realized later from second and third opinions from other dentists that I didn't need the treatment.

I took it up with the Dental Association of Singapore, made my case clear. They understood but what did they do? Nothing. In fact, they put this old, retired dentist to listen to my complaints and that guy coaxed me to drop the case cos the Association does not wish to pursue matters like this. If they don't, who can? I have the alternative to get a lawyer but how much trouble, time and loads of $ is needed?

I tried writing to Straits Times but they didn't want to publish my letter.

I've accepted life over here is like that. Weird laws and sometimes useless governing bodies. Unless someone is severely injured or murdered then the authorities will wake up. If I remember correctly, the police won't even handle your case if you get boxed in the face by a stranger! (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

In Jeff's case, the Sistic guy is probably thinking, "Buzz off. I have other more important business to deal with than talking to a Nobody like you. Anyway, it's not me who threw you out. You freakin' Singaporeans... always complaining about trivial stuffs."

Very irresponsible attitude but that's what happens most of the time. When the retired dentist told me to drop my case and move on, I was like $#&!^ Just because I am an ordinary person in the street you're saying this? If I were some minister's son, your butt would be burned!

Unless you are a Somebody, making a stand for a wrong done unto you is sometimes a futile attempt.

Last edited:
ah then i misunderstood your point. haha i meant no offense, but i simply believe that even if there is no tangible outcome (i.e compensation) as long as it receives publicity, it is bad press for the company, and take it from me, i work in the PR industry, bad press gives the comms department and the person involved hell. So it kinda discourages them from so casually brushing off such feedback in future. At least, thats the case if the company gives a hoot about PR.

And yeah, you're right, the police cannot arrest anyone for assault, but any savvy person can twist the circumstances to have the person arrested for battery, or a range of other offences. :) all it takes is a quick mind and a little working knowledge of the law.

Well, in this case, by publicising the matter, splashing that guy's name all over the place, then emailing him back with a nice reply inviting him to read how his name is all over the Internet, may get him to wake up :) If not, at least it would be a nice irritation to his otherwise wonderful day :)

His friends, relatives and people who know him, will get to read what a wonderful person he is and how he managed to stamp on the small man with his giant foot :).

Status
Not open for further replies.