The best camera I have that I would never want to replace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunster

Oct 26, 2003
Hong Kong
antony.sofohk.com
Camera Made and Model: MOTHER 0D MK 0

Specification:
- Maximum Resolution 100 GigaPixel
- "Mother Born" true colour sensor with effective 128bit colour recording. With "Blessing" technology
- Infinite Focusing Points
- "Perfection" Auto White Balance
- Continuous Drive with unlimited frames per second
- Unlimited Storage (problem...with random software deletion)
- Build-in recovery mode (If it happens to recover by itself)
- ISO 10,000,000 Capable
- NO FLASH IS EVER REQUIRED, torches are optional
- Full Live View equipped
- Universal Lens Mount available
- Build-in body image stablizer
- Pre-define auto focusing mode (Pretty girls mode, Cute babies mode, Adorable pets mode etc)
- NO BATTERY IS REQUIRED. Power is recharged with FOOD

Lens Included:
- 50mm standard prime lens with 178 deg field of view (Amazing isn't it?)
- 0 Vignetting and potentially 0 C.A.

Filter:
- Specticles are required for random cases (we are still finding a way to solve this problem with a firmware)

Hahaha nice one bro :thumbsup: But our eyes don't really have stabilisation right?

there are 2 types of stabilisation detection, image sensor and twin gyros.
image sensor IS units scans the scene and anticipates for vibrations
twin gyros are mounted at the 2 ends of the camera and provides real time physical feedback to the entire system on the type of vibration.

Would be the 135 class of F2ASs, F-1ns and perhaps the OM 1 through 4. For the 120 class, it would be stablemates like the SQ-Xs, 500s and ETRSs. I can;t comment much on LF because I only was exposed to the Linhoff Technkardan field cam, and the Toyo 4x5s, but i would have loved to experience the Sinars or custom made Japanese cameras. All digitised, noiseless regardless of the ISO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and able to shoot up to 150 fps of course!

Mine front focuses, battery does not last very long before requiring recharge, low light performance sucks, storage capacity is faulty. I think I got a lemon. Can I have my money back? :bsmilie:

Mine front focuses, battery does not last very long before requiring recharge, low light performance sucks, storage capacity is faulty. I think I got a lemon. Can I have my money back? :bsmilie:

Well...I think you need a firmware upgrade. Are you using Ver. 1.2? :bsmilie:

Additional info for those who have a good copy:

DO NOT INSTALL the "Marriage Build" version 1.0. It will destroy your Auto Focus "Pretty girls mode" even it enhanced "Cute babies mode"

I heard somebody did and he just find it hard to believe. So he decided to put a downgrade but it costs him a bomb. What he did:
- uninstall "Marriage Build" version 1.0
- install "Girlfriend Build" version 2.0

It costs him half of his saving after he did that so do not try to install or WORSE still, uninstall the "Marriage Build"

"SINGLE" is developing a third party firmware which propose to be the only option for a downgrade. But it require a chip modification as the camera has locking system on third party firmware. You have to replace the "Marriage Cert" chip with the "Divorce" chip (with a good reason please). Then you can install the "SINGLE Build" version 2.0

Lens Included:
- 50mm standard prime lens with 178 deg field of view (Amazing isn't it?)
- 0 Vignetting and potentially 0 C.A.

actually although our eyes has around 178 deg field of view, there is pretty serious vignetting, ie the vision at the sides are very low quality, no color, low resolution. Only a small area in front has color.

DO NOT INSTALL the "Marriage Build" version 1.0. It will destroy your Auto Focus "Pretty girls mode" even it enhanced "Cute babies mode"

I heard somebody did and he just find it hard to believe. So he decided to put a downgrade but it costs him a bomb. What he did:

It costs him half of his saving after he did that so do not try to install or WORSE still, uninstall the "Marriage Build"

"SINGLE" is developing a third party firmware which propose to be the only option for a downgrade. But it require a chip modification as the camera has locking system on third party firmware. You have to replace the "Marriage Cert" chip with the "Divorce" chip (with a good reason please). Then you can install the "SINGLE Build" version 2.0
OH SH*T
I already install "Marriage Build" version 1.0 & within 1 year enhance with "Cute babies mode":faint:
No wonder evertime I focus on "Pretty girls mode", some situation happen
simple case - :hammer:
serious case - :flame:
deadly serious case - :hung:
Been this way for 4 years liao, can anyone help:D

actually although our eyes has around 178 deg field of view, there is pretty serious vignetting, ie the vision at the sides are very low quality, no color, low resolution. Only a small area in front has color.
:( my sensor is faulty due to neglect and has only like 70-80 deg FOV with the aid of additional lenses in front.

Er... what brand of storage media do you guys use? I cant retrive all my XMM photos from my archives. Does this have something to do with the installation of Marriage build 1.0 and installation of cute babies ver 3.0? Somehow my sensor also cannot focus on models and XMM anymore. The hardware will crash and loud nagging souns can be heard. Can anyone do recovery of lost photos for this model. My model was built in the 60's so its quite an old model liao. :lovegrin:

What I heard was that replacing the "marriage cert" chip with the "Divorce cert" chip will cost more than 1/2 your savings. If I'm not wrong it cost him half his fortune and also have to pay monthly installments to maintain the "divorce cert" chip. If the cute babies plug-in was installed, the maintenance fees will be higher. :sweat:

So sometime one have to consider real hard to downgrade to "single build ver 2.0" Somehow Single build ver2.0 do not perform as good as the ver 1.0 cos in the market, ver 2.0 is considered Used product where as ver 1.0 is new or sometimes mint condition.

my model come with serious backfocus... the spectacle filter very troublesome and flare more easily... should i do the laser fix?

also... own it for so many years already... still cannot figure out how to print the @!#$%@#$% pictures :dunno:

Specification:
- Maximum Resolution 100 GigaPixel
- "Mother Born" true colour sensor with effective 128bit colour recording. With "Blessing" technology
- Infinite Focusing Points
- Continuous Drive with unlimited frames per second
- ISO 10,000,000 Capable
- Build-in body image stablizer

i'm no doctor, but from what i know of the human eye (if you really want to put it in "camera" terms):

- The human can differentiate about 17 million colours, which is about 24bit, tops.

- We are unable to see individual still frames faster than about 30 fps. Which is why "video" looks like "video" to us... the frames merge in our minds.

- ISO is a measure of sensitivity. The f-number of the human eye varies from about f8.3 in a very brightly lit place to about f2.1 in the dark. At 1/30s ("human frame rate") i would guesstimate the best ISO of the eye to be around ISO800-3200.

- 100 gigapixel? Actually, iirc, the human eye resolution is very very low. It works differently from a camera, and can only make out details at the point where it is concentrated on, the rest of the scene is a blur of colours.

- The "built-in stabilizer" would be the brain, not the body. In fact, our beating hearts and jittering muscles are probably the reason why we need those mechanical stabilizers in the first place.

- The eye actually has weaker focusing than camera lenses. A camera lens can focus on one plane at a time (DOF is actually another term for "acceptable blur"); so can the eye, but the brain can only extract information from one tiny area at a time.

Er... what brand of storage media do you guys use? I cant retrive all my XMM photos from my archives. Does this have something to do with the installation of Marriage build 1.0 and installation of cute babies ver 3.0? Somehow my sensor also cannot focus on models and XMM anymore. The hardware will crash and loud nagging souns can be heard. Can anyone do recovery of lost photos for this model. My model was built in the 60's so its quite an old model liao. :lovegrin:

I formatted out 2 million cells for recording. However, random cell corruption happens. Sh!!...

my model come with serious backfocus... the spectacle filter very troublesome and flare more easily... should i do the laser fix?

also... own it for so many years already... still cannot figure out how to print the @!#$%@#$% pictures :dunno:

Oh sad to say. The build-in printer not working (hand drawn..HAHAHA).

Status
Not open for further replies.