The best bounce device is....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a PA holding anything? newspaper cardboard styrofoam etc?
;p

I thought of buying a reg children white umbrella... $2 only!

Originally posted by ckiang
1. Pogo Stick.
2. Those rubber balls with two handles that you sit on and boing your way around trying to look cool, but fall off after two hops.

Originally posted by Darren

1. Pogo Stick.
2. Those rubber balls with two handles that you sit on and boing your way around trying to look cool, but fall off after two hops.

/slaps forehead. Lolx

Song, bounce card can make your own, best if u laminate it. any size/ shape/ modification as u fancy.

I used a Kodak grey card to make a bounce card (white side). Does double duty if I happen to need a grey card for custom white balance as well. And very stiff.

Ah, but how do you do custom white balance with flash? a smart aleck asks...

Answer is that if I am using flash, AWB does the trick 99.99% of the time.

Originally posted by StreetShooter

Depends greatly on the flash+camera combo. Some flashes have a warmer colour temp and taking flash shots without setting a flash white balance often results in a yellow/orange cast that is rather irritating to remove later....

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Ah, but how do you do custom white balance with flash? a smart aleck asks...

On my camera (Fuji S602), if you use AWB with an external flash, you will get a yellow cast. I need to use a custom white balance to remove the cast.

The camera uses whatever settings it is on to get the white balance eg. if the camera is set to use external flash, manual exposure 1/125s F2.8, it will use this setting to get the custom white balance reading.

the beef balls at the stall near my house. i swear they can bounce off walls and ceilings.

/me hides from flames

ok ok serious now... i've used a variety of bounce devices in my quest to achieve the best softening effect, including the Sto-fen Omni bounce, Lumiquest pocket bouncers, home-made bounce cards and they all suit different lighting situations.

for example, if it's a outdoor event or indoor with very high ceilings (like a church wedding), i'd opt for the Lumiquest (no need to bounce off ceilings), but if it's indoors with low ceiling, the Omni-bounce gives good coverage.

my current fave now is a plastic Metz bounce card (i adapted it to fit my SB-28/80DX). what i like about it is i can use it to shoot portraits as well (a bit hard to explain - bend the flash head 90 degrees to the right and stick the bounce to the side of it).

Originally posted by ckiang

A waterbed and buxom wench :)

Now on a more serious note.

I prefer ceilings, or failing that an old sieglite 16" flash mounted brolly, 5.7" card or a lumiquest 80/20.

With a powerful flash, i prefer ceilings and esp corners of the wall, where the light bounch evenly all over the place, giving nice, clean lighting. So my flash duun always point up, sometimes, you;ll see it pointing backwards.. :)

I use 5X7 and A4 size white cards as well, the bigger the better, never use the plastic cap that goes over the flash, its still a small point source.

Originally posted by lualua
With a powerful flash, i prefer ceilings and esp corners of the wall, where the light bounch evenly all over the place, giving nice, clean lighting. So my flash duun always point up, sometimes, you;ll see it pointing backwards.. :)

I use 5X7 and A4 size white cards as well, the bigger the better, never use the plastic cap that goes over the flash, its still a small point source.

Whether Nikon or Sto-Fen, these omnibounce devices doesn't work well for me. Being still a point source, the light is still harsh. :(

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.