The Beijing Olympics 8-24 Aug 08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
Anyone who has the latest news on the Beijing Olympics, would you kindly post up the news, results, small talks, records etc here for sharing. :heart:

Here's the official site: http://en.beijing2008.cn/

Thank you.

i dun buy the news paper but can some kind soul tell me what time the opening ceremony starts at on tv tonite?

Congratulate China for organizing Olympic!!!! In fact I am quite impressed that China government can order and the ppl, factory, construction followed instruction to stop work, cut down emission, reduce work for Olympic!:bigeyes:

Can other so called "Super Power", "Environment Care" countries do so when there is such event? :think:

Is 080808,time is tonight 8hrs 8mins 8secs start..;)

ChinaFlag.gif

I would like to formally request that brothers here kindly refrain from too much OT as I hope this thread will serve as a Index for members who may not have too much time to read or search for the Olympics news and that they can come to this thread for a shortcut to the news that are of interest to them ... thanks:angel:

There is never a certainty in winning a medal in the Olympics because each individual's motivation and determination, physical preparation and mental discipline is unpredictable, and of course Lady's Luck is important. Hope that we can win a Silver this time!

The first GOLD medal should be given to the Opening Ceremony Organising Committee .... world class performance and fireworks!:heart::heart::heart:

First gold in Beijing goes to Katerina Emmons of the Czech public in the women's 10m air rifle competition.
It's a disappointing result for home fans though as China's defending champion Du Li, (Athens' Gold winner, who is much expected to get the first Gold here).

Gold - Katerina Emmons (Olympic Record, equalled World Record - 503.5)
Silver - Russian Lioubov Galkina
Bronze - Croatia's Snjezana Pejcic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.