The Bane Of Urbanism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your comment. Do you think it'll be better to have a brighter midpoint for the vigenetting?

actually its the way it is composed... cos from far, it looks just like a piece of plain cloth, u shoot a piece of cloth head on, how would it be if you vignett it? its still the same texture except with an emphasize, but does not become another picture.

but i'd rather maybe retake this pic, u notice there is a thicker horizontal & vertical line intersect? u could use it to optimise the picture, dun have to make it like a cross hair dead centre... u can have like a flag (dunno which country, got yellow with blue, and also another 1 white with red... the cross is off centre kind)

ah great glooming depression ... effective if that was your intention. technically indeed v flat but the flatness is part of the composition, so thats ok.

the thing not going for it is the uneven vignetting and more importantly, in my view, some solitary point of interest to hold the entire pic together.

For example a big bowl of plain rice is not very interesting, but if there is a just a single rose petal scatter on the rice, it gives it the tension needed for an exciting picture.

Here maybe some selective colourisation, some small but very bright light, or a single solitary person etc ... So thats the little thing I think missing ...

Ah, thanks for your comment, will take note.

I would say this is a great piece of work. I like the treatment.
There is one or two bright spot there not sure what is it, maybe if it's me I will "burn" them...

Ok I think I need to get me eyes checked but actually the building appears a bit curved :bigeyes:

Gives the feeling of depression quite well and trying to put words in your mouth (hope you don't mind :sweat: ) it is supposed to be drab and dull as that is the bane of urbanism. You live in an urban place like this too much, you lose all colour. Life drags innit?

PS: No psychological evaluation please... Just one of those days

Status
Not open for further replies.