the bad english thread


Status
Not open for further replies.

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,957
26
48
#1
 

soma

Senior Member
Aug 13, 2005
1,609
0
0
Local
#3
My english also veri bad leh. Learn half way LKY said Chinese better so now learning chinese and english become half F standard.:sticktong DOn't know when must learn other again.
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,957
26
48
#4
JediForce4ever said:
huh....still got pepople using pager meh??..anw...when was this shot??
one hour ago.... :what:
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,957
26
48
#5
soma said:
My english also veri bad leh. Learn half way LKY said Chinese better so now learning chinese and english become half F standard.:sticktong DOn't know when must learn other again.
maybe because you are applying chinese grammatical structure to your english sentences? :think:
 

zaxh81

Senior Member
Jan 29, 2003
4,339
0
0
Earth
louisleow.blogspot.com
#6
JediForce4ever said:
huh....still got pepople using pager meh??..anw...when was this shot??
yes,i still have friend who use pager.
More conveninent mah,after press ** then can hang up.

Whats more if you have free incoming call.:bsmilie:
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
10,957
26
48
#7
zaxh81 said:
yes,i still have friend who use pager.
More conveninent mah,after press ** then can hang up.

Whats more if you have free incoming call.:bsmilie:
i wouldn't even know where to buy a pager these days! :bsmilie:
 

LordAeRo

New Member
Jul 21, 2005
369
0
0
30
Jurong East
#8
:think: what's wrong with the picture? i don't see any grammatically wrong english being used there.
 

LordAeRo

New Member
Jul 21, 2005
369
0
0
30
Jurong East
#11
zcf said:
delivery = noun
please correct me if I a wrong :sweat:.
Haha! I didn't notice that, I glanced through and thought I saw "We Deliver". I even looked at the pic for about 5 minutes, gosh.
 

Canew

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2005
2,229
0
0
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
#12
JediForce4ever said:
still got ppl who provide pager service meh??....I dont know....
SINGTEL PAGING is one pager service provider that I know of. I think HELLO Stores still sell pagers. (but I think hidden in a corner)
 

windmill

New Member
Jun 18, 2002
147
0
0
Visit site
#14
redstone said:
Does anyone notice 'cooked food' is bad English?

'Cooked food' appears in almost every hawker centre. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
So means food isn't cooked? :bsmilie:

It's an absolute disgrace!!!!

Definition:
[n] any substance that can be metabolized by an organism to give
energy and build tissue
[n] anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
[n] any solid substance (as opposed to liquid) that is used as a source of
nourishment; "food and drink"

hmmm would you consider salad as food then?
food for thoughts :)
 

#15
windmill said:
Definition:
[n] any substance that can be metabolized by an organism to give
energy and build tissue
[n] anything that provides mental stimulus for thinking
[n] any solid substance (as opposed to liquid) that is used as a source of
nourishment; "food and drink"

hmmm would you consider salad as food then?
food for thoughts :)
I mean 'cooked' before 'food' is redundant.
 

windmill

New Member
Jun 18, 2002
147
0
0
Visit site
#18
redstone said:
Saying 'cooked food' is like saying 'watery water'.

'clear transparent'
'red blood'
'cold ice'


An absolute disgrace!!!!
"COOKED FOOD"!!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't face foreigners....

hmm how abt partial disgrace? hahha
 

Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#20
hmm..maybe coz of the non-english speaking hawkers using the direct translation??...or coz its also in a market so they dont want to mix 'cooked'' with ''raw'' food?....then ppl start following this trend??
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom