The apprentice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicekid

Apr 2, 2006
What did u guys think of this season especially the shocking end?

What's so shocking?

It was pretty clear Randal was going to win when it came down to the last 2. Girl's tough but not as sharp. Inexperienced perhaps, but she's wasn't a match.

His comments that there should be only 1? Hardly surprising. This guy has what it take to survive in the business world. Remember the old chinese saying, I'd rather kill the wrong person than to allow the culprit to escape. He's eliminating the competition so she won't pose a threat to him. That's the world of business for you... kill off the competition before it even poses a threat, if you get the chance to do so.

Microsoft did that with with netscape, apple's doing that to creative, and the list goes on. Come on, who in his right mind gives his rivals room to breathe, let alone help them come up and pose a challenge. Only the naive and the underdogs believe that the strong should/will help the weak.

Randal has shown that in addition to being a winner, he is tough and ruthless enough to thrive in the most vicious city in the world, New York. He passed his final test and first executive decision as Mr Trump's apprentice with flying colours. Donald Trump's competitors will have every reason to fear Randal even more now.

:bsmilie:

randal said that "today there should only be one winner"
so tomorrow she will be hired, as she is also a rare talent that can be groomed

You guys actually believe this "reality" show??? I watch it for entertainment.... esp when Trump says...."You're Fired!"

And as a friend pointed out... noticed the fired candidate always catches a cab with Yahoo Jobs advert on it.... :bsmilie:

The Apprentice is another product for Trump. It sells because the candidates do interesting stuff on the show.... :)

But i really can't believe he didn't check the weather forecast.
Any organiser will know to at least have a wet weather backup plan.

AReality said:
But i really can't believe he didn't check the weather forecast.
Any organiser will know to at least have a wet weather backup plan.

he did check the weather forecast. 30% chance of rain was forecast.

he should have had a wet weather plan though.

Zplus said:
You guys actually believe this "reality" show??? I watch it for entertainment.... esp when Trump says...."You're Fired!"

And as a friend pointed out... noticed the fired candidate always catches a cab with Yahoo Jobs advert on it.... :bsmilie:

The Apprentice is another product for Trump. It sells because the candidates do interesting stuff on the show.... :)

Although it is a reality show, the underlying themes and the issues addressed are serious ones. While it may have been dramatised, conflicts played up for the sake of TV, there are lessons to be learnt from it.

The part we should take for granted is the portrayl of the characters. Some of the people are probably not like that in real life - the show stereotyped them to fit certain molds, ie bitchy domineering woman, crazy wierdo etc. So the job applicants became actors by proxy, manipulated by editing and cuts rather than scripting.

However we should not dismiss the show entirely as "entertainment". It is a real job interview. The people taking part are high flyers in their own right. But while companies usually lose money conducting job interviews, Trump makes money from his. Which is why he's a billionaire. He makes money when others probably won't.

You'd be surprised how many corporate gurus and trainers actually use the show as part of their management /corporate strategizing courses. And yes they pay him $$ to use it.

So reality TV stigma aside, don't be so quick to dismiss it and mock those who take certian aspects seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.