The Apology from Chairman's Daughter

This a good lesson to people who abuse their power. But from what I read, she has not repent so more lessons to come in her life. Her lessons caused great pains to others hope such people will one day face the music by themselves.

To certain extent, I think the flight crew has to bear some responsibilities for aborting the flight without a valid reason. The pilots should have taken charge.

Please be more understanding.

The highly privileged daughters are living in a highly stressed family of Korean Air chairman.

They need your love and support::)

heather-cho-korean-air.jpg

To certain extent, I think the flight crew has to bear some responsibilities for aborting the flight without a valid reason. The pilots should have taken charge.

If this happened in Singapore, the judge would probably pass the sentence to jail the pilots for 1-2 weeks. Cos "Pilots do not need to obey manifestly illegal or unlawful orders".

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...o-not-need-obey-manifestly-illegal-or-unlawfu

If this happened in Singapore, the judge would probably pass the sentence to jail the pilots for 1-2 weeks. Cos "Pilots do not need to obey manifestly illegal or unlawful orders".

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/courts-crime/story/national-servicemen-do-not-need-obey-manifestly-illegal-or-unlawfu

I don't know how you can equate military law to civilian and aviation laws. Unless there is a statute or law passed that proclaims so, then pilots can be jailed.

As it stands, if you had bothered to read more about the case and Korea's issues with the chaebols and the power of those families and their propensity to punish their subordinates indiscriminately (which is a gross abuse of power) and the Korean government's weakness in controlling them, you would know why the pilots didn't dare to disobey her.

You just cannot equate those two together

I don't know how you can equate military law to civilian and aviation laws. Unless there is a statute or law passed that proclaims so, then pilots can be jailed.

As it stands, if you had bothered to read more about the case and Korea's issues with the chaebols and the power of those families and their propensity to punish their subordinates indiscriminately (which is a gross abuse of power) and the Korean government's weakness in controlling them, you would know why the pilots didn't dare to disobey her.

You just cannot equate those two together

Its the silly culture of Korean and Japanese where authority is not to be challenged. I worked with Koreans for a long time to know the pains of junior staff having to obey without questions. It's so real that is so unbelievable and unheard of in SG.

Thus with this kind of culture, authorities and seniors tend to abuse power

Its the silly culture of Korean and Japanese where authority is not to be challenged. I worked with Koreans for a long time to know the pains of junior staff having to obey without questions. It's so real that is so unbelievable and unheard of in SG. Thus with this kind of culture, authorities and seniors tend to abuse power

Their culture is being admired by many here.

Its the silly culture of Korean and Japanese where authority is not to be challenged. I worked with Koreans for a long time to know the pains of junior staff having to obey without questions. It's so real that is so unbelievable and unheard of in SG.

Thus with this kind of culture, authorities and seniors tend to abuse power

Their culture is being admired by many here.

The real corporate culture is not the same as the one portrayed in Korean dramas and lots of people think that it's all sh!ts and giggles working for them

The power and reach of their chaebols are incredible. A lot of them are not only monopolies in their own traditional industries, but are strong in many unrelated industries. For an employee who offend the founder family of the chaebol, it is a very real possibility that you can forget about any career in the industry and many other industries that the chaebol has a hand in.