The annapurna range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfgang Steiner

Deregistered
Aug 23, 2006
This is my first panoramic aerial picture made during a flight with an ultralight aircraft at an altitude of 14.500 feet. Its show a small part from the himalaya mountains, exactly the annapurna south.

Enjoy it....

6349442-md.jpg

On my homepage you can view it in a much bigger size!
And for sure the original size is 10.000 x 2568 pixel

It was made from 4 single shots, each shot with the amazingly sharp Nikkor AF-S DX 17-55mm/2.8 plus my Nikon D2Xs.
A Kenyon KS-4 Gyro Stailizer was mounted under the camera.

On istockphoto you will find it here:
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup/object/4094164_the_annapurna_range.php?id=4094164

The story behind the picture is only in german so you wont be very happy with it, but if you like to read account on one's travel I got something from namibia in english for you guys:
http://www.wolfgangsteiner.com/blog-do-show-blogid-40.html

Best regards from vienna

Wolfgang Steiner

very cool shot and boy, so much technology!

but i don't know, when i clicked on the thread i was really expecting to see sprawling space, etc
mind sharing what focal length you use for the original 4 shots?
the picture does not really work for me actually

for some reason, i think there is a cramped feeling, the cropping is a little tight for me
could well be personal taste,
but must have been hard to do

Hi,

focal length from each single shot was 35mm
exposure time 1/8000sec at f/2.8 and ISO 100

Cheers,

Wolfgang

Very nice scenic shot, it give me a veyr cold feel and yet like 'I'm free' kind of feel. :thumbsup:

great shot!

its not easy to catch the annapurna with such sharpness on the plane, and a plane's usually the best place for it to be taken given its altitude

It's a ultralight craft, or a 'motorised glider'. Hehe... Would love to fly in one of this one day. Haha...

:bigeyes: nice! both the craft and the shot!

There's only one thing to say, Wolfgang....

Lucky You!

Status
Not open for further replies.