the all powerfull fz5


Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie monster

New Member
Oct 19, 2005
93
0
0
West

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,861
2
38
Beach Road
very clever indeed :D
 

schon

Senior Member
Sep 10, 2005
2,046
0
36
the other side
inventive? yes.

technical? yes.

clever? no.

if you're gonna do such things with a compact camera, why not just get the proper equipment?

the fz5 was designed to be a small, lightweight and robust camera. doing what the "genius" about did renders the above nullifies the above traits.

well, at least it was entertaining...
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
36
Singapore
schon said:
inventive? yes.

technical? yes.

clever? no.

if you're gonna do such things with a compact camera, why not just get the proper equipment?

the fz5 was designed to be a small, lightweight and robust camera. doing what the "genius" about did renders the above nullifies the above traits.

well, at least it was entertaining...
won't be that bad he did mention he had too much time on his hands. :sweatsm:
 

SkyCheong

New Member
Aug 16, 2004
174
0
0
the web is down, anyone have the pics there?
 

blimmer

New Member
Apr 1, 2005
306
0
0
the image server zoto is down for maintence, give it a while
tried my luck with google cache and no go,you could try with the waywardmachine or any other index services for that matter. scout around furl and see whether anyone has happened to index that page.
 

G-man

Senior Member
Mar 2, 2006
2,381
6
38
My House
I love the workaround for the EVF & LCD not working in lowlight. I might just give it a shot with my FZ30. :)
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
I was thinking about making a ring flash with LEDs also, but I never had a macro
lens which can focus in such short range. If I happen to make one with LED, neat
and tidy design with few hanging wires, "you switch it on then take a shot" style,
will you guys buy it at $200? I was aware LEDs usually illuminate less than 10cm
from small subjects.
 

DaXiong

Senior Member
Feb 17, 2006
1,839
0
36
:bigeyes: wow.. brother ... not very "affortable" ler.. hee.... :D it's just my personal thinking lar....
I am not good in electronics...
Maybe those components are not cheap & the making process is very time consuming.

:dunno:
 

dRebelXT

New Member
May 14, 2005
1,636
0
0
DaXiong said:
:bigeyes: wow.. brother ... not very "affortable" ler.. hee.... :D it's just my personal thinking lar....
I am not good in electronics...
Maybe those components are not cheap & the making process is very time consuming.

:dunno:
Oh, yah I guess $200 is overpriced.
I guess, material may cost only $20, but the labor price is high ;p Some more, there is risk!
 

jlpk007

New Member
Sep 24, 2002
673
0
0
Singapore.
Visit site
wat is a +8 lens???how come the macro so sharp and clear..how they capture one..........need extra equipment?
 

metallilan

Senior Member
Jan 6, 2006
2,866
0
36
Singapore
jlpk007 said:
wat is a +8 lens???how come the macro so sharp and clear..how they capture one..........need extra equipment?
haha..i'll post up some +8 diopter macro pics when i get a chance too...stil testing my raynox dcr-250! ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.