The 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jollin

Mar 31, 2008
Think you have a budding talent for ART???
Then download the entry form (PDF: 3.84MB) or collect a copy at any of the UOB Group branches, schools or art institutions.
All entires must be submitted at the Visual Arts Seminar Room, Level 2, Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts Campus 1 (Wing B), 80 Bencoolen Street, Singapore 189655 on 28 June 2009 between 1pm and 6pm.

Award-winning and highly-commended pieces will be on display at the 28th UOB Painting Of The Year Exhibition from 5 July to 2 August 2009 at the Jendela (Visual Arts Space), Esplanade - Theatres on the Bay, 1 Esplanade Drive, Singapore 038981.

The Competition is divided into three sections:
1. Open Section
2. Youth Section (For entrants born between 1991 and 1996)
3. Junior Section (For entrants born between 1997 and 2002)

Winners may get:
For UOB Painting Of The Year Award
• S$30,000 and a Trophy
In addition, a bonus prize of a 1-month Residence Programme at the Fukuoka Asian Art Museum may be awarded to the UOB Painting Of The Year winner who, in the judges’ opinion, has submitted an entry of exceptional standard.
Only entrants from the Open and Youth sections are eligible for the UOB Painting Of The Year Award.

Most Promising Young Artist Award
• Youth Section: S$2,500 and a Trophy
• Junior Section: S$2,000 and a Trophy

Platinum Awards
• S$10,000 each

The four Platinum Awards may be won by any Entrant regardless of Category (Abstract, Representational, Ink Painting and Photography) or Section (Junior, Youth or Open) of submission.

Highly-commended Awards for each section
• Three awards for the Open Section: S$1,500 each
• Three awards for the Youth Section: S$1,000 each
• Three awards for the Junior Section: S$500 each

For more information, head here.

Last edited:
I like the prizes :D nice nice:bigeyes:

Good luck guys hahas, I brought 3 tiny 8R photos and others brought paintings that were mega huge. Shocked sia hahas. I think ill say a good painting is better than a good photograph hahas, cos it must take so long for them to draw those mega paintings sia...

Thank you fibredrive:D gives me that flicker of hope(if only my photography were as good as his:embrass:) but anyway, who knows:dunno:

no worries. was thinking of particpating myself but after i saw last year's winner, was thinking they were prob looking for more artistic direction which i was not prepared for. anyways, all the best for your entries! will consider next year if it comes up again. cheers

Jeez, they said that winners will be called like i think ytd? So like the whole day ytd i was waiting by my phone. Until no call. Was gonna collect my photos then read somewhere that winners will be announced on the 4h of July. Gah, more hope. False or not, i dont know:dunno:

i thought collection of work is available today (as told by the person who took my work)

then end up wasted trip, and read the paper we gotten back, only can collect on this sunday :)

i thought collection of work is available today (as told by the person who took my work)

then end up wasted trip, and read the paper we gotten back, only can collect on this sunday :)

Wah me too! I was gonna go pick up the works today hahas. Thanks!

LATEST NEWS: Grand Prize $30000 won by a photographer again this year 2009!!! :D

The result was on ChannelNewsAsia. tonight.

seems like some parts of the twitterverse finds that the artwork is crass

well, most people will always be unhappy about results, in part because they didn't win, or they didn't bother to try to understand

You can view Zhao winning photography works and all other award-winning and high-commended entries at the Esplanade. Duration of the exhibition will be one month starting rom yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.