The 12 Apostles in Autumn :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s0ulofsin

This one's taken in autumn. (Great Ocean Road, Victoria Australia) It's a tad overexposed on the right side but I think it still looks pretty fine to me. Check out the one taken in spring. [link]
All comments appreciated! :)

12apostlesinautumn.jpg

O psst...gimme some credit here will ya guys? LOL

Wow hey really? I actually prefer this one cos there's more impact. The spring one's a tad dull. It's a lil overexposed but nevertheless, it's still my fav! :D

despite the over exposure, you still manage to produce a very unique photo. good job!

;)

Hey tks GenXboi! :)

Getting all crazy abt Beckham aye? Heh...

Originally posted by s0ulofsin
Hey tks GenXboi! :)

Getting all crazy abt Beckham aye? Heh...

Yeah!! Beckham rocks man! I swear someday i will travel all the way to Old Trafford to take his photo someday...

;)

Tsk tsk....still looking for more comments from peepZ... @@

Actually on both shots there are vignetting on the top left, bottom left, and bottom right corners, strange that there are no noticable vignetting on the top right...

Originally posted by ziploc
Actually on both shots there are vignetting on the top left, bottom left, and bottom right corners, strange that there are no noticable vignetting on the top right...

Ok...wat exactly is vignetting? Wat causes it and how to prevent it? *Boggled

Originally posted by s0ulofsin

Ok...wat exactly is vignetting? Wat causes it and how to prevent it? *Boggled

See the darker corners comparing to the brighter center portion? This effect is call vignetting. It is usually caused by the lens barrel blocking lights off, and sometimes poor optics. It will also occurs on some lenses when thick filter or teleconveter (front type like the Oly B300) is mounted in front of the lens. In your case, since you mentioned that you took it with a point and shoot camera, i believe it's caused by the optics/lens, and you can't really avoid it short of changing to a better camera.

Originally posted by ziploc

See the darker corners comparing to the brighter center portion? This effect is call vignetting. It is usually caused by the lens barrel blocking lights off, and sometimes poor optics. It will also occurs on some lenses when thick filter or teleconveter (front type like the Oly B300) is mounted in front of the lens. In your case, since you mentioned that you took it with a point and shoot camera, i believe it's caused by the optics/lens, and you can't really avoid it short of changing to a better camera.

O my gawd...there're so many technical terms in that!! LOL

Okies..bottomline is...get a DIGICAM! :D

:bwhat: Bah Hummmmmmmmmmm Bug.....

Originally posted by kylelam77
hmmm, makes me miss torquay and all those hours of driving....:D

I wldn't mind cruisin' on the Great Ocean Road...as long as it's not me who's driving! :p

Originally posted by NeoInc
hi, i have seen this scene in your photo before. I saw one taken by national geographic, taken from around the same place as you have taken yours. maybe you would like to check it out for yourself, national geographic photograph field guide, can borrow from the library.

maybe a polarizing filter can help to make this picture more appealing. a bit overexposed.

This is the most popular spot for photo taking cos it provides a very good view of the apostles. They've constructed walkway bridges along the area where ya can view other kinda rock formations...wld prolly post 'em up... :D

National Geographic takes awesome piccies..I've always wanted to work for it or somethin...heh...;p

By the way, is polarizing filter a technical term for cammies? I know nuts abt technical shit. :|

Gawd...I'm tired...

I can't wait to take the 12 Apostles in summer and winter. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.