thanks for the memories, and see you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
hi pentaxians!

i'll be flying off to study @ the university of chicago next wednesday.

thank you all for the good times both online and offline at the monthly photo outings. i really enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, with the regular old birds always willing to offer nuggets of wisdom and experience to the new members. of course there's the poison that one has to resist everytime.. i eventually succumbed, ditching my K100D + kit for bigger, better gear like the K20D & DA* :sweat: i'll definitely miss the warmth of our local pentax community..

i'll be back as often as my time and budget permits, but i also want to take the opportunities of school breaks to travel as much as i can. not sure how my photographic interests will change in the new environment overseas, maybe more landscapes, more streets, less macro? we'll see..

anyway my msn add is darrenosaurus_rex AT hotmail.com, and you can email me at darrenleow AT uchicago.edu.

for those who are thinking of getting stuff shipped back to singapore (ebay, B&H, adorama, amazon, etc), feel free to email/PM me for my address. i'll try my best to ship the items back asap, but u know how busy school terms can be!

farewell, stay safe, and take more photos so i can stave off homesickness. :bsmilie:

PS special thanks to all who took time out to meet for dinner today, esp those who journeyed to the west! also many thanks lawrence for the confirm useful parting gift. :thumbsup:

photos of tonight's inaugural "P&S outing" HERE

Stay in touch Darren.
Bon Voyage! :)

Good Luck with your studies.

Keep Warm. Chicago is a cold cold place. They don't call it the Windy City for nothing :D

Hello from Hanoi.
I missed the farewell dinner gathering.:cry:
Best wishes to your studies.
Our world is only 12 hours apart and see you soon.:)

All the best for your studies, Darren. Do update us on your photography journey from there, ok?

bye darren.

do have fun in uchicago.. and post photos! :) have fun in uni.

You are most welcome Darren,you take good care of yourself & enjoy
your stay there.

All the best to you..Cheers!:cheers:

Lawrence.:D

Hey Darren, you'd sure have a lot fun there. But I'm sure you'd miss the food here, and the friends too ;)

Bring a camera, and go travel.

Bon voyage, man.

Accumulate more life experiences, photos and memories there!

Have fun!

Good to meet up with you yesterday.
Best wishes in your studies and I know you'll gain a wealth of new experiences over in the US. Have a safe journey and God bless you.

Best of luck Darren. Have a safe journey and enjoy your stay. At least the lenses are cheaper and plentiful there. ;)

Chicago ? Don't have too much fun ............ stay safe. :angel:

Hi darrrrrrrrrr, yeah better concentrate on your studies there. afterall you spend so much $$ on it already... btw what will you be studying?

meanwhile during your free time you can scout around for camera shops there :bsmilie:

Don't take what I said yesterday serious ok? No blondy and focus on your studies =P Take care and keep in touch!

Daren, all the best in your studies and have an enjoyable stay there.

PS: Thanks again Denis for the lift yesterday night.

Good luck with your studies bro. :)
Have a good time; travel around in the US and take good photos...so much to see and do there :thumbsup:

Chicago is a nice place! I miss that place.
Do get in touch with Singapore Chicago Connection (http;//www.singaporechicago.org/) when you're there.
Have fun and stay in touch! :)

darren,

come back with master in Photography:bsmilie:

All the best.

marcus

Status
Not open for further replies.