Thank you.

roamfree

Dec 14, 2010
It says at the top of my screen that I've not posted anything on the forum since I've registered and that I should just drop a post to say Hi to everybody, so I thought I would.

Sounds strange that I would put "thank you" as the thread title when I am supposed to say "hello"? But yeah, that is exactly the first salutation I wanna make to everybody. I just got my first DSLR last month and joined CS a few days after that. But CS is not new to me. In fact, I spent hours on CS, making full use of the search functions and all the advice of the old birds here, doing research on the equipments that I need or want to get. Thanks to the heaps and heaps of advice I found here, I learnt so much more about the stuff I want to get, the stuff I should or should not get and of course, the "black shops" that I should avoid. I learnt so much from here that somebody actually remarked that I don't sound like a newbie when in actual fact, I am really one. So thank you everybody for your kind advice. I am still trawling the forum for more advice on the accessories I want to add and on how to improve the different aspects of my photography skills, so... a big Thank You to everybody in advance for the advice I will get in the future. :D

Welcome to CS:)

Welcome to CS and enjoy your stay here. :)

Welcome to CS... looking forward to your sharing... :D

It says at the top of my screen that I've not posted anything on the forum since I've registered and that I should just drop a post to say Hi to everybody, so I thought I would.

Sounds strange that I would put "thank you" as the thread title when I am supposed to say "hello"? But yeah, that is exactly the first salutation I wanna make to everybody. I just got my first DSLR last month and joined CS a few days after that. But CS is not new to me. In fact, I spent hours on CS, making full use of the search functions and all the advice of the old birds here, doing research on the equipments that I need or want to get. Thanks to the heaps and heaps of advice I found here, I learnt so much more about the stuff I want to get, the stuff I should or should not get and of course, the "black shops" that I should avoid. I learnt so much from here that somebody actually remarked that I don't sound like a newbie when in actual fact, I am really one. So thank you everybody for your kind advice. I am still trawling the forum for more advice on the accessories I want to add and on how to improve the different aspects of my photography skills, so... a big Thank You to everybody in advance for the advice I will get in the future. :D

welcome to CS. no offense meant to others, but it's refreshing to see a "newbie" post (i.e. post #1) that: 1. isn't a rant about being conned/cheated by a shop/BnS seller/online seller; 2. isn't asking advise on which brand/model/features of a camera to get without searching first; and 3. is a "thank you" for all the knowledge gained here in CS instead of the generic "hi i'm new".

so :thumbsup: to you, TS.

Welcome to cs! :)

:D
Glad that another person had not been sucked into the black shops and came out with a big hole in pocket :bsmilie:
:thumbsup: to you for researching first before buying and utilising the search function for that..

Welcome to CS :)

Enjoy man and dont forget to post your photos too!;)

Hi. Welcome. Learning curve is steep in the beginning and how much "hard work" you decided to put in. Do put what you have learned into practice. Then it will be part of you.

Glad that another person had not been sucked into the black shops and came out with a big hole in pocket

I am amazed by the number of people who don't do their homework beforehand but prefer to google or go onto clubsnap only after they got conned. I'm glad I did not become part of that statistics too. :)

Thank you everybody for the nice welcome!

Welcome... I hope all newbie is like yourself. Then we won't have so many repetitive thread asking for which camera to buy kind of thread. CSers are really helpful compare to other interest forums. Enjoy your stay here.

a warm welcome to CS. glad that this forum has provided a good platform for you to start off with your 1st DSLR, and to navigate the optimal way for your own requirements as you progress by reading 'heaps and heaps of advice' found here.

:thumbsup:

Hi welcome to CS!!;)
Happy shooting!!