Thank you Pentax & Emjay for the prompt K-5 sensor stain resolution

zoom3

May 18, 2007
Singapore
Nothing much has been said in this forum but I believe a public appreciation is in order for the prompt and fuss free action taken by Pentax & Emjay to rectify the K-5 sensor stain issue.

Other than not having the cam to use for about 2 weeks while it was sent to Japan for technical assessment and rectification, there was no cost to the affected customers. As often is the case, it is how well the problem and its resolution are managed that saves a bad situation. What Pentax is doing certainly helps ensure continuing customer loyalty. And hopefully gain more new Pentaxians in the process.

Well done :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

So far, never try Kevin service.
But from the feedback from this forum, all feedback very positive :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Agree with you 100% zoom3.
Emjay and Pentax Japan did a stellar turnaround for my K-5. They deserve the credit.
Unfortunately if you read the other Pentax related forums, there's far too much unnecessary bitching, whining and complaining going around, not to mention the frenzy of BS, hate and endless overhyped nonsense on mostly trivial issues... :thumbsd:

Yes, so far our Pentax service here in SG is probably the best around the whole world :) Not to say K5 our launch price was the best too :D

i sent in my cam for the sensor stain cleaning in the beginning of January and i know it would have to "balik kampung" to Japan. thought i would miss it for CNY. But Kevin assured me that it will be back here for the Pentax outing this weekend. all FOC and without fuss.

the after sale warranty service is good and as a "regular" user of my cam system, this is really very assuring. i got my cam body back last week and the count is only about 10 shots. guess Japan side just replaced the sensor.

emjay is committed to the brand and the good service is the proof. :thumbsup:

Agree with you 100% zoom3.
Emjay and Pentax Japan did a stellar turnaround for my K-5. They deserve the credit.
Unfortunately if you read the other Pentax related forums, there's far too much unnecessary bitching, whining and complaining going around, not to mention the frenzy of BS, hate and endless overhyped nonsense on mostly trivial issues... :thumbsd:

I have read them. Frankly, I have no time for the BS that goes on there. If got problem, just get it fixed. Life needs to go on....

Last edited:
Emjay's aftersales service is pleasantly surprising. A round trip to Japan for repair is so fast.
Many agents would use sea freight to save cost but I think Emjay uses aeroplane :bsmilie: for delivery.

Yes, at the last week of Dec, I sent in my K-5 to the service center to rectify the sensor stains issue and the camera will need to be sent back to Japan. Kevin informed me Japan side are having their holidays and I told him I needed to have the camera back by second week of Jan for a trip. Kevin assured me that he would follow up to get back the camera on time. I got back the camera on time without cost incurred and no fuss. Thanks to our Pentax Service Center and Pentax Japan. :D

Emjay's aftersales service is pleasantly surprising. A round trip to Japan for repair is so fast.
Many agents would use sea freight to save cost but I think Emjay uses aeroplane :bsmilie: for delivery.

They use express mail service, taking one day to reach either JP or back to SG :)

Thumb Up for emjay again :)

:(
i've got bad experience though.
i went there due to some dust in my kx.
there's lots of dust particles and i asked if he could help me to clean, so he tried and he said can't because it might have went into behind the sensors.

so nevermind, i went to another camera shop and asked if they could help me with it and they did, of course with a fee.
But still, i've got to say kevin is a nice person, he's got patience i must say.
:D

I realise my K-x that either the sensor or the mirror is very dirty... Looking through the viewfinder, I can see a lot of 'particles' and it is really very annoying.

Using the built in sensor cleaning, it spotted two spots.

Can I get Emjay to clean up for me? Will there be any charges?

Mine didn't arrive in time. :(

For Kevin to come and sent u the K5 Personally during the Chinatown outing is :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:(
i've got bad experience though.
i went there due to some dust in my kx.
there's lots of dust particles and i asked if he could help me to clean, so he tried and he said can't because it might have went into behind the sensors.

so nevermind, i went to another camera shop and asked if they could help me with it and they did, of course with a fee.
But still, i've got to say kevin is a nice person, he's got patience i must say.
:D

There are times when the dust bunnies are hard to take out. some use chemical wipe the sensor while there are the lollipop ones that can stick2 on the dust. both are very hard to do.

Next time, when changing lens. Face the body down or against the wind to avoid dust particles from gg in.

creampuff said:
Ah good to know Kevin took time to deliver your camera in person to you for the outing.
So got happy ending...

Yep yep! I'm a happy bugger now! I was suprised when he ran down to the shop to get my newly arrived camera. I was not even suspecting that it will arrive until monday as he said the day before :thumbsup:

I realise my K-x that either the sensor or the mirror is very dirty... Looking through the viewfinder, I can see a lot of 'particles' and it is really very annoying.

Using the built in sensor cleaning, it spotted two spots.

Can I get Emjay to clean up for me? Will there be any charges?

Same for me, realize that my picture will have dust appearing at f8 and above at 3 different spot, need to bring down for a cleaning:confused: Was wonder will there be charges also, but from wad i see kelvin will help get the job done without charges:)

By right cleaning of sensors services are chargable. I am not sure how does Emjay charge but personally i wouldn't mind if they charge a small fee for cleaning of sensors.