Thaipusam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.its on 5th Feb, a thursday leh ;p

reno77 said:
I'll be there taking part in the walking on 4th Feb Night.

wheres it happening ?

kiama said:
hmm.its on 5th Feb, a thursday leh ;p

hmm... my office near serangoon rd, mebbe can shoot a couple of pics on that day.

:think:

West_ray said:
is tat a sch holiday?????????????????

up to u if u want it to be :bsmilie:

Hello Everyone,
Actually I didn't realize this year's Thaipusam is on the 5th Febuary until I saw this thread.

But last year, I was on a bus, driving through Little India and witnessed the "walking" ceremony and it's really cool. I'm planning to take pictures at Thaipusam this year.

But I do have a few questions regarding about taking pictures from the ceremony...

1. Do I need a permit?
2. Am I allowed to use a flash?
3. Am I allowed to take pictures (using the flash) of the participants dancing, jumping, walking etc... ?
4. Are women allowed to be there during the entire ceremony?
5. Any sort of taboo during Thaipusam?

Many thanks to those who can share their experiences!

Regards,
-Michelle- ;)

zaren said:
hmm... my office near serangoon rd, mebbe can shoot a couple of pics on that day.

:think:

hi there may i know where exactly the location of taipusam and what time they're going to start?...thnks

mich_2103 said:
1. Do I need a permit?
2. Am I allowed to use a flash?
3. Am I allowed to take pictures (using the flash) of the participants dancing, jumping, walking etc... ?
4. Are women allowed to be there during the entire ceremony?
5. Any sort of taboo during Thaipusam?

1. nope.... i shot last yr early morning (from 6 am) starting from one of the temples..... i've heard of pple staying overnight the night before to photograph all the preparation activities....

2) yes...

3) yes..except u may need to take off ur shoes if u wanna go inside the halls during some of the prayer rituals...

4) think so..

5) eh dun try to interfere with wat they are doing and u're generally ok ;)

take a look at my gallery from last yr's thaipusam ....u can see that one can shoot almost anything provided u're sensitive to wat they are doing and keep out of the way :)

nobody mentioned wat the the fire walking takes place .. all happens before 6 am? 3-6 am?

Always wish I could do follow & shoot the Thaipusam.
At tips on what photogear to bring there? (e.g monopod, what lens? etc etc)

Also if I'm riding there, where's the best place to park? Thanks!!!

if riding, you can park your car at the national library. and catch the marching just opposite of YMCA.

where is the exact location of the firewalking?

Status
Not open for further replies.