Thaipusam

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevepow

Nov 18, 2006
Singapore, Singapore
Thaipusam on the 22nd Jan..(Tuesday)
Care to confirm ?
Understand Malaysia Batu Cave's Thaipusam is on the 23rd.
One more event to look forward in the next few weeks.

I took some photos last year of the Thaipusam.

Unfortunately, there were a few photographers who were not sensitive to the worshippers and their families.

In the name of getting that perfect shot, they were willing to block the kavadi carriers.

Anyone has more information about Thaipusam?

Which day is the procession for Kavadhi Carriers? 21st? or 22nd?

Remember last year started quite early from the Serangoon temple.
Understand some guys were inside the temple before 6 am
Was snapping away before 9 am along Serangoon Road, last year.

22nd starting at 1.30pm...Seranggoon Rd Temple to Tank rd....:thumbsup:

Thank you! ;)

yah..but too bad, can oni go down after work..hence can oni shoot the nite procession..:cry:

When will they start preparing for the event? from 21-jan (2359) or 22-Jan 6am onward? Remembered I was shooting late at nite at one of the Thaipusam but can't remember it started a day before Thaipusam or the event last overnite. Any one care to share?

When will they start preparing for the event? from 21-jan (2359) or 22-Jan 6am onward? Remembered I was shooting late at nite at one of the Thaipusam but can't remember it started a day before Thaipusam or the event last overnite. Any one care to share?

22nd morning 6am....:D

Will anyone be forming a group to go and shoot? :p

From my experience last year, most of the photographers will keep to themselves or their own gang.

Even smiling at them, they buat bodoh.

All information are already on the Hindu Endowments Board (HEB) website.

http://www.heb.gov.sg/pdf/thaipusam2008.pdf

HTH.

Will anyone be forming a group to go and shoot? :p

From my experience last year, most of the photographers will keep to themselves or their own gang.

HTH.

Buat bodoh....hahaha....shy singaporeans.

Thank you for the link to the file.

HTH.
some photographers u smile at them they look and see u like no up like that, dun even bother to smile back.

Ya lor, sad to say but these photographers think that they very "atas" and cannot even manage a smile.

However, the carnival atmosphere with the devotees and families makes up for it.:)

some photographers u smile at them they look and see u like no up like that, dun even bother to smile back.

Can we really go into the temple (for non hindus) and take photos? Are they fine with it?

Can we really go into the temple (for non hindus) and take photos? Are they fine with it?
can lah bro...i've been into the temple for the last few years and i'm non-Hindu...juz respect other religion's believe and u'll be ok...enjoy ur shoot,i'll be there at 3pm on 22nd...

Axela,

Yeah, maybe you can see me with the Di-GPS.

Arbal,

Yes, you can enter the temple at Tank road. It's going to be a long wait to get into the temple as it's only one lane closed.

I'm not sure if it'll happen this year. What happened last year, all the Ang Moh tourists were allowed to pass through the cordoned area and go into the temple and bypass the queue.

The locals, devotees with kavadi and their families have to wait their turn into the temple at the one lane cordoned area.

I've some photos here in my flickr album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemujin/sets/72157601457344687/

You've to take out your shoes to enter the temple. Therefore carry a bag to put your shoes in or you'll have to leave it outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.