7. kh73
8. Que Lynn
9. nEkOgOtCh
10. Kiwitan
11. beachbum
12. art2d2
13. Cool_VIR

ok so that makes it lucky 13... :D

gang, think we better fix a date and time. i'd be the facist and decide, so raise your violent objections here, otherwise silence is assent. ;)

from what i see, there's gonna be 2 processions of kavadis, once @ 11am to 2pm, and another from 2-5pm on Saturday. so let's meet @...

10am morning @ BUGIS MRT Station on 18th January (Saturday)

we can make our way to Serangoon ROad from there. comments?

Originally posted by Larry

from what i see, there's gonna be 2 processions of kavadis, once @ 11am to 2pm, and another from 2-5pm on Saturday.

Doesn't that make it just one procession of kavadis from 11am to 5pm? ;p

One question: the whole event has nothing to do with little India right? Saw some earlier posts of last year, many were taken in Little India.

Originally posted by Derrick
Doesn't that make it just one procession of kavadis from 11am to 5pm? ;p
oh yeah, rite. silly me. must be the lack of sleep... ;p

Originally posted by tomshen
One question: the whole event has nothing to do with little India right? Saw some earlier posts of last year, many were taken in Little India.
erm, Serangoon Road IS Little India, tomshen. the SSPT temple is located right smack in the middle of it... :D

Originally posted by Digipix
Larry, from City Hall MRT to Little India is a long walk... Bugis MRT nearer right?
actually, i was planning on taking bus 97 or 131 there... too lazy to hike there... :bsmilie: :D

any1 can suggest any intercept points where there will be more action taking place? or are you all going to follow the entire procession from serangoon till the end point?

Originally posted by hyun
any1 can suggest any intercept points where there will be more action taking place? or are you all going to follow the entire procession from serangoon till the end point?
if i remember the news report i saw on tv correctly, there's supposed to be these photog stations where people can take pixs. we could go there and hunt them down, or just anchor ourselves at a good location and set up shop...

don't think following the procession is a good idea, as i think we want as much variety as possible, and the procession is a coupla hours long. if we get bored, we could always uproot ourselves and re-location to new position... :D

Originally posted by hyun
For street photography, I dun think there is a best view place, and the best place for someone may not work for the others. Follow your basic instinct and spot your own photo opportunities! Try to define your own photography, be it journalism, traditional street type, or candid portraiture. One more suggestion, even u shoot with some other photographers, dun all squeeze at the same spot. Keep moving around and be alert. My best shots were always taken when I shot alone. :p

or do u know the route the procession will take? i probably can only arrive at past 1 pm on Saturday and don't know what is left of anything at that time.

Need confirmation on how long will teh whole procession will be because accordin gto my colleague, he said it goes on till nightfall and kavadis at night are lighted..anyone can throw some light on this?

Think i will be 'camping' at Sri Thendayuthapani Temple
... around the foot of fort canning...maybe near evening...
(hope the weather is great then)

Can meet you guys at 10.10AM, need to go to Color Lab to collect some photos. :D

Originally posted by shmott
Need confirmation on how long will teh whole procession will be because accordin gto my colleague, he said it goes on till nightfall and kavadis at night are lighted..anyone can throw some light on this?

Starts from tonight around 11pm and goes on all the way to tommorrow night. Kavadis only start leaving from around 11am tommorrow morning i think. They try to clear all the faster moving people first (e.g. those carrying milk pots, etc.) Not too sure about the lighted kavadis. There's usually a traffic jam of people towards the end point cos they have to line up to get into the temple.

ok people, a bit of changes and updates. i got a last minute seminar to attend tomorrow morning so i won't be the contact point for the meet... instead, please contact Simone (aka "Dagger") on her mobile @ 9838 5414 if you wanna meet up, gonna be late or for anything else. if you can't get her, can also call me @ 9848 4122 (not that i'll know how to reach her if you can't but i might know who else to call...)

The meeting place has also changed to BUGIS MRT STATION, outside the OCBC bank branch near the MRT telephone, as nekogotch says its nearer/easier to go serangoon road from there.

So, to recap, the Thaipusam outing is at...
10am morning @ BUGIS MRT Station on 18th January (Saturday)

nekogotch will lead/direct the way to Serangoon ROad from there. thanks Dagger & Neko... i'll see ya guys @ about 1pm after my seminar thing. btw i'll be near peninsula, so any1 needs anything urgently (like film, lens tissue, D1x, etc), just gimme a sms. :D

Originally posted by Larry
btw i'll be near peninsula, so any1 needs anything urgently (like film, lens tissue, D1x, etc), just gimme a sms. :D

Yes, D1x. Please help check for stock, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.