Thaipusam shoot ! - 0001hrs Friday

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
It only happens once a year.
The most dramatic of the event happens during the middle of the night.
Fortunately and unfortunately, this year, its a weekday.
Good in the sense that there will be less photographers (there will still be plenty)
Bad in that its a working day.

So if you want to take something that few ppl have taken, then you need to bite the bullet and do it from 0001hrs to the next day.
Of course one can take shots in the AM, but to me, those are shots that every other photographer can do as well.

So the tentative plan is this :

Meetup time : 11pm (Thurs 16Jan)
Meeting place : Lavender Food Square
http://www.streetdirectory.com/sg/lavender-food-square/380-jalan-besar-209000/4945_17653.html

Plan :
Meet up, and move out at 11.45pm to Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple
Shoot till 2am, gather and take a break and follow procession to Sri Thendayuthapani Temple on Tank Road.
End at 6.00-6.30am.

Of course one can also get a cab/drive back at any time to sleep.

I'm open to suggestions to meet up area near the temple.
It needs to have drinks and open till 12pm so that we can gather there.
Will update once location is choosen.

more info :
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1356552

1. JK (97735246)

Last edited:
1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans

What is the recommended focal length to use and is a flash allowed? First time shooting Thaipusam, not sure what to bring.

1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans

What is the recommended focal length to use and is a flash allowed? First time shooting Thaipusam, not sure what to bring.

Recommend would be 35mm and 50mm.
A wide angle lens will allow coverage of the atmosphere of the place. (but totally optional if you want to travel very light)

NO FLASH allowed. (and potentially end shooting of the event for every photographer from then on)
It may break the trance of some of the devotees

Last edited:
1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans
3. Joe

My very 1st outing. Pls takecare of me :) and thx jk for the effort!! Cheers!!!

Last edited:
1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans
3. Joe
4. Ismadi

1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans
3. Joe
4. Ismadi
5. Maverick
6. Chiang

Can you guys sms me, so that I can for a Whatsapp chat later for easier communication?
Thx

1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans
3. Joe
4. Ismadi
5. Maverick
6. Chiang
7. Kcl211

i want to go but dead tired at this point... got no ricoh tho.. see you guys there I i do go. Thanks for organizing this!

Please include me.

1. JK (97735246)
2. Moronfans
3. Joe
4. Ismadi
5. Maverick
6. Chiang
7. Kcl211
8. Lucpher

i want to go but dead tired at this point... got no ricoh tho.. see you guys there I i do go. Thanks for organizing this!

See you guys in a while.
Pls sms me for easier communication

Enjoy guys... Think i want my sleep :p

This morning was a great experience...hope everyone hv a good rest lolxxx....*~*

Thanks for coming everyone. :)

I shot till 5.30am and slept only at 10pm last night :D
But it was fun, and I should have some keepers if the LCD of the camera does not betray me....
No chance to process anything now though.

We can plan for a better one next year.

I will put up a thread for everyone to share their photos.
(update here when I have done so)

Thanks for coming everyone. :)

I shot till 5.30am and slept only at 10pm last night :D
But it was fun, and I should have some keepers if the LCD of the camera does not betray me....
No chance to process anything now though.

We can plan for a better one next year.

I will put up a thread for everyone to share their photos.
(update here when I have done so)

Hahahaha....no hurry bro...me too hvnt process yet....should do it again next yr....:)

I started the thread to share the picts here :

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361082&p=8740873#post8740873

Decided its best to post it in the general section like the other Thaipusam outing groups have.
Also force everyone not to be 'shy', think over what is a good enough shot to showcase themselves and what a Pentax camera/lens can do.
Hopefully, this will help everyone raise a bar in their photos and processing. ;)

I have a super tight schedule this week, so I think likely I can only process some by Tues.

Last edited:
I started the thread to share the picts here :

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1361082&p=8740873#post8740873

Decided its best to post it in the general section like the other Thaipusam outing groups have.
Also force everyone not to be 'shy', think over what is a good enough shot to showcase themselves and what a Pentax camera/lens can do.
Hopefully, this will help everyone raise a bar in their photos and processing. ;)

I have a super tight schedule this week, so I think likely I can only process some by Tues.

Thx jk. Will post tonight :)